Had a little sale to a German magazine pop in this morning, $49 gross, happy with that thanks!

Strangely, the usual info, i.e. editorial use, repro size, print run, web use etc. etc. Included the buyers name and even, the page number of the magazine the picture was destined to appear on!

Copied and pasted that into Google, and there was the page!

Never, ever seen that before. Anyone else had this happen?

I think the buyer put a little more info into the box than was necessary, and it was automatically transferred to the Alamy sales report. I've never seen it before, and I doubt whether I will see it again. I downloaded a PDF of the magazine just to show my Wife.

I won't be pestering them for the hard copy version!

That is nice...

Before I started submitting to stock I was sure everybody gets that info, always... where, when, who and why use our work - that's the way it should be, shouldn't?

I'm not really interested where my pictures go, or even whether I get a credit, just as long as I get paid for them. The excitement of seeing my pictures in print and my name underneath them passed many years ago.

im new to the game as such, but was under the impression that you could expect a "voucher copy", and was passed a few of these when i bought a load of photos that had been used in car magazines etc, maybe this has changed with the internet / digital? and come to think of it, they were bought from an "old skool" photographer who made his bread in the 1970s / 80s

im new to the game as such, but was under the impression that you could expect a "voucher copy", and was passed a few of these when i bought a load of photos that had been used in car magazines etc, maybe this has changed with the internet / digital? and come to think of it, they were bought from an "old skool" photographer who made his bread in the 1970s / 80s

When I first started submitting to my first stock agency in the early 1990's, I was told that I would receive tear sheets whenever possible. I've made a lot of sales through that particular agency (not any longer, though), but I have never been mailed a single tear sheet. However, when I lease photos on my own to magazines, they are usually very good about sending tear sheets. I've even had travel guidebooks mail me copies of their guides.

Archived