Cell phone images?

Why not try uploading just one image from the LG.

That way you're signalling QR that you do not mean to sneak it in.

wim

Excellent idea. But I'd still probably draw 30 days in jail.  :(

I have not seen that happen this way.

My record is pretty sound otherwise, that may have helped.

(Mine was not a phone image btw.)

wim

You're a lucky man. Thirty days in the "sin bin" is normal for me.

Like John, I have been there more than I like.  Usually for marginally soft images.  Some on retrospect I agree with, a couple I didn't, looked sharp enough to me after fail.  Granted, I would have 20 or more uploads that were fine, then one image let me down.  I found that happened with the Nikon D7000. All good with the RX100 and Nikon D800. I've probably been in the sin bin 3 times since joining Alamy and I believe they were all D7000 images.

Betty, my QC record was very good until last year when I had three non-consecutive failures (SoLD/noise, of course). Now if I fail QC, I'm certain to be left in the doghouse howling at the moon for at least a month. Not sure what all this is supposed to accomplish, but best not to go there, I've discovered. I too didn't agree 100% with QC's assessment in two of the cases. We impressionists need to stick together IMO. However, it's always best just to move on...

Cell phone images will come as part of the commodification of the stock photograph market and as phone cameras improve. It is already happening for News, it is only a matter of time before they are commonplace. After all most images are used on the web and are less than 1000px on the longest side (<1Mpixel); even in print 1000 px is around 4inches (10cm) which is big enough for many purposes. 2Mpixel will cover 90+% of print use.

I won't be spending any more money on system cameras/lenses for stock/news use, only for other higher end uses. I am looking in other directions for my photography (and writing).

wim

wim

Like John, I have been there more than I like.  Usually for marginally soft images.  Some on retrospect I agree with, a couple I didn't, looked sharp enough to me after fail.  Granted, I would have 20 or more uploads that were fine, then one image let me down.  I found that happened with the Nikon D7000. All good with the RX100 and Nikon D800. I've probably been in the sin bin 3 times since joining Alamy and I believe they were all D7000 images.

Betty, my QC record was very good until last year when I had three non-consecutive failures (SoLD/noise, of course). Now if I fail QC, I'm certain to be left in the doghouse howling at the moon for at least a month. Not sure what all this is supposed to accomplish, but best not to go there, I've discovered. I too didn't agree 100% with QC's assessment in two of the cases. We impressionists need to stick together IMO. However, it's always best just to move on...

I agree with your assessment.  I do try to move on, just trying to figure out what "move" to make!   What does one do during that 30 days?  Wait for the SoLD image to be revealed then move on, or continue processing all the images one would be uploading during that time then hit Alamy with a huge upload?  

I always felt like my hands were tied during that time.  It is good that I do artistic things to some of my images and sell quite well on FAA.  That's where I have turned in the past during my few times in the sin bin.  I make more there than at Alamy, anyway.

wim

wim

I agree with your assessment.  I do try to move on, just trying to figure out what "move" to make!   What does one do during that 30 days?  Wait for the SoLD image to be revealed then move on, or continue processing all the images one would be uploading during that time then hit Alamy with a huge upload?  

I always felt like my hands were tied during that time.  It is good that I do artistic things to some of my images and sell quite well on FAA.  That's where I have turned in the past during my few times in the sin bin.  I make more there than at Alamy, anyway.

I've always felt that Alamy should treat us like grownups and tell us as soon as realistically possible which images have failed. Would it really be that difficult? My background is in teaching, and one thing that I've learned over the years is that instant feedback is always the most productive. I'm sure everyone remembers that teacher in school who would take a a month to give the test back. By then, everyone had forgotten what it was all about.

Anyway, I'm having a particularly good month sales-wise on Alamy. Very thankful for that. Happy to hear that you're still doing well on FAA. I've had a pretty good past couple of months there as well.

Archived