QC Failed

Double_R

Question

1 Photo out of 8 failed the lot but how can I remove the one that failed while leaving the others as a new submission?

Thanks in advance

Double_R

6 answers to this question

28 minutes ago, Double_R said:

1 Photo out of 8 failed the lot but how can I remove the one that failed while leaving the others as a new submission?

Thanks in advance

Double_R

Easy enough to leave out the failed image and re-upload the other seven. But, make sure that the other images don't suffer from the same faults, as Alamy aren't necessarily saying the other seven images are good. Remember QC don't check all images.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Easy enough to leave out the failed image and re-upload the other seven. But, make sure that the other images don't suffer from the same faults, as Alamy aren't necessarily saying the other seven images are good. Remember QC don't check all images.

Thanks for the reply Sultanpepa I cannot delete the "Bad" image as all 8 are greyed out and I can't seem to figure out how to open them to delete the bad one.

10 minutes ago, Double_R said:

Thanks for the reply Sultanpepa I cannot delete the "Bad" image as all 8 are greyed out and I can't seem to figure out how to open them to delete the bad one.

The greyed-out images will be there forever in your upload history on the site. You just need to upload the "good ones" again as a new submission.

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

The greyed-out images will be there forever in your upload history on the site. You just need to upload the "good ones" again as a new submission.

Thanks, Ognyan

So, I have to re-submit the 7 good ones and the tags etc again as a separate submission, I thought that would be the case I was just trying to "Salvage" the good ones!

Seems very time- consuming

Thanks again

Double_R

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Double_R said:

Thanks, Ognyan

So, I have to re-submit the 7 good ones and the tags etc again as a separate submission, I thought that would be the case I was just trying to "Salvage" the good ones!

Thanks again

Double_R

Hi RR,

Welcome to Alamy. Submission procedure is:

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/alamy-quality-control/?section=5

• We’ll just spot-check a few of your images per submission 
  • If the images we check are ok, your whole submission will pass 
  • If we find a problem with one image, your whole submission will fail 

Alamy get over 100,000 uploads a day and do not have the resources to check every image and also expect contributors to do their own QC and submit a high quality product. 

This might assist with passing QC as well:

https://www.alamy.com/contributors/alamy-how-to-pass-qc.pdf

Long story short, you can submit as many images as you want in one go - but don't fail QC. If you fail regularly, your images will be very scrutinised and you will spend a lot of time being blocked from uploading. 

And to reiterate Sultanpepa's point, you need to check your other 7 images as well, Alamy haven't passed them.

Steve

19 minutes ago, Double_R said:

Thanks, Ognyan

Thanks again

Double_R

As Steve said, the 7 "good ones" are not guaranteed to be really "good ones". Double check before submitting!

• Like 1