Hi Tim,

I got a free version of DXO Optics Pro 6 with a magazine, actually I bought the mag for the program, and use it if I can not get rid of enough noise in Photoshop CS6.

Occasionally the DXO product appears over sharpened to me, but it is worth a try and maybe later versions are better.

Although I do have Lightroom 4 I rarely use it and consider it a batch processing tool, but that is only my opinion which I am sure others will dispute, and the DXO product opens directly into my CS6 raw converter.

Workflow is a very personal thing and although I hope this helps I am sure that you will develop your own productive flow.

Good luck

Joe

DxO is great if they have the right profile for your lenses and cameras. I have it (along with every other converter on the market that I've been able to obtain) and actually I very rarely use it. The colours are, like Capture One Pro, far superior to Adobe raw conversions and if you can live with all the other learning-curve and inconvenience aspects, you can lift your work above the average using it. I regret to say I prefer to be fast, easy and average.

Tim

I use it and really like it. I am on version 9, the latest and I much prefer it to Lightroom. Its not that hard to learn, its quite intuitive (which I found Lightroom not to be). I convert RAW to TIFF in DxO and then do further processing in photoshop. They have their new Prime noise reduction which works well on high ISO shots. 

Cheers

Col

Archived