Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast shortcut...?

At the bottom of your layers panel there are some icons.  If you click on the one that is a circle that is half white half transparent, you can select adjustments from there. Make sure you have the properties panel open.

Jill

Of course. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to just about any command in Photoshop. Check out the Adobe  online help for a detailed descripton on how to customise keyboard shorcuts. 

Edited by MDM

23 minutes ago, MDM said:

Adobe  online help for a detailed descripton on how to customise keyboard shorcuts. 

thanks!

Ctrl M it is !!
(don't use Curves, so...)

this should save me hours per year

days per decade !!

Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg

17 hours ago, MDM said:

Of course. You can assign keyboard shortcuts to just about any command in Photoshop. Check out the Adobe  online help for a detailed descripton on how to customise keyboard shorcuts. 

The problem I've found with that is finding a keyboard combination that isn't already used and then, after an update, finding it doesn't work anymore or Adobe have decided to assign it to something else.  Of course, the same problem arises with the programmable keyboards. 

2 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

The problem I've found with that is finding a keyboard combination that isn't already used and then, after an update, finding it doesn't work anymore or Adobe have decided to assign it to something else.  Of course, the same problem arises with the programmable keyboards. 

I override the default shortcuts. You just type what you want and accept it which overrides the default. I just save a set of my own shortcuts which can be copied to other machines as well.