Is it possible to delete an image out of the QC queue?

I'm answering a call for images and uploaded a few old images just to see if they would be accepted ... but I forgot to check DPI before uploading (hey, sometimes we make mistakes!).

Is there a way to delete images from the QC queue before they've been checked? I can't find an obvious way to do this. 

I was very surprised to find that my photos made it through QC and all subsequent photos that I submitted using the same camera have been as well. 

I have a feeling it has something to do with the newest versions of Photoshop ...

It has nothing to do with new versions of Photoshop. As Mark said in a different way, the resolution is not important, only the number of pixels in the file (≥17MP for Alamy) not the density of pixels. Files under that size will just be rejected at the upload stage, they don't go through QC and don't cause QC failures (at least that is what used to happen).

For what it's worth (probably not a lot), it definitely has nothing to do with DPI which refers only to dots per inch - an incorrect term here that only has meaning for printing but which is so completely ingrained in the digital imaging industry vocabulary that it is never going to change. Even Alamy use it would you believe. Anyway the proper term is PPI (pixels per inch) as used correctly by Adobe - check out the Image Size dialog in Photoshop for example. 

Edited by MDM

I'm surprised more because I occasionally test getting some of these older images through QC and this is the first time they have passed. The last time I tried was maybe 4-years ago. 

Maybe the images in question were not looked at this time and were in the past. They only check a sample, not every image. Or maybe the QC person was different or they are using different criteria. In any case it's got nothing to do with PPI (or DPI) which was what you said in your original post.