how fast the new Photoshop Denoise?

39 minutes ago, Phil said:

I just read somewhere in last few days that Adobe I think it was recommends running their AI Denoise prior to image editing.

I thought that too (as in post above) but the only thing I can find is that they recommend using tt before applying other tools such as AI masks and Content-Aware  See the April 2023 release notes.

It doesn't seem to matter when using normal edit tools which is what I originally thought. 

17 minutes ago, MDM said:

I thought that too (as in post above) but the only thing I can find is that they recommend using tt before applying other tools such as AI masks and Content-Aware  See the April 2023 release notes.

It doesn't seem to matter when using normal edit tools which is what I originally thought. 

The release notes say:  

"We recommend to Denoise your image before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content-Aware, as using Enhance might change the result of the tools used."

Their statement  "...before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content Aware...",  seems to me is saying Denoise before using any tools including AI masks and Content Aware.  

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

The release notes say:  

"We recommend to Denoise your image before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content-Aware, as using Enhance might change the result of the tools used."

Their statement  "...before applying other tools, including AI masks and Content Aware...",  seems to me is saying Denoise before using any tools including AI masks and Content Aware.  

Yes it's somewhat ambiguous. I don't know if one would regard the Basic panel sliders as tools. Easiest thing is to reset everything to default and remove any noise reduction and sharpening that might be set (depending on one's defaults) but, as Alex says on the previous page, it doesn't seem to matter - visually there is no difference in the results that I can see setting NR and sharpening to zero or not. I tend to apply it before any editing in any case but had stopped setting NR and Sharpening to zero beforehand after Alex's input. I certainly would not use a mask before Denoise though - masking comes late in the LR edit for me always.  

• Like 1