Photoshop 2024 / incompatible graphics processor solution

20 hours ago, Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg said:

Betty its me.

Give Adobe tech support 800-833-6687 a try.

They helped me.
Even sent follow-up material on subject.

Don't be put off if heavy accent -- listen closely...

Veritable bin of knowledge they are, its indisputable...

Hi, Jeff. I must admit I don’t do accents. My brain just doesn’t compute. All I do is say, “I don’t understand you, please repeat that. Huh? What did you say? I’m sorry, I can’t understand your accent, it’s my fault.”

Yesterday when I called a nail salon, of course I got a sweet Vietnamese lady. She spoke at length to me & I didn’t understand a word. Finally I said, “All I want to know is do you accept walk-ins. Please answer Yes or No.” She answered Yes & I managed to understand that! 😀 

Edited by Betty LaRue

16 hours ago, MDM said:

Rosetta will slow things down

I think Apple improved the performance in version 2 a bit, but I don’t use DPP much. It’s just nice to be able run it on the Mac occasionally. I really switched to Mac because of the Abobe support for the Apple silicon 😊

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I will do what you said, Mark. Thank you so much for the direction. And Michael, you have a mind like a steel trap. I didn’t even remember how long I’ve been stymied by this.
I have never opened from the finder. It’s always been from clicking the file in Bridge which opens it in ACR. Then trying to open in PS from ACR it goes back to the Bridge thumbnails.

I’m too tired to try anything this evening. I was up at dark:thirty to be at the hospital for my daughter’s surgery. Then figured out how to put together a chair I ordered that came in pieces in a box. My new chair for my art desk. I managed it except I can’t figure out how to mount the casters.

If I have more than one copy of Photoshop, should I delete the older ones? I’ve always been a bit afraid to do that.

Betty, This thread on the Adobe forum https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/files-do-not-open-in-photoshop-through-bridge-and-cameraraw/td-p/13278618 seems to match your symptoms and has a workaround (drag and drop).

Mark

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Betty, This thread on the Adobe forum https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/files-do-not-open-in-photoshop-through-bridge-and-cameraraw/td-p/13278618 seems to match your symptoms and has a workaround (drag and drop).

Mark

That’s brilliant! Thanks for digging around & finding that thread, Mark. I clicked on many threads but missed that one.