Help please with racing driver name

Avpics

Festival of Speed 2016, attending the celebration of BMW. I've been up and down a list of visiting drivers on the FoS website for the year but haven't been able to match the face. Any help appreciated, thank you.

2R13XRJ.jpg

8 hours ago, sooth said:

in another photo of yours, he wears a the flag of bavaria, bayern colors.

search for bavarian race car drivers leads to this pic. Leopold Prinz von Bayern

Thank you. His name was one that I'd considered but found it odd that there were no other identified images that I could find of him at the event. I hadn't thought about the national flag assisting with the identification. Thank you

8 hours ago, Avpics said:

Thank you. His name was one that I'd considered but found it odd that there were no other identified images that I could find of him at the event. I hadn't thought about the national flag assisting with the identification. Thank you

Haha the national (well state in US terms) flag is in fact his family's flag. He's a direct descendant of the king of Bavaria. Not 'mad' king Ludwig II, but his grandfather Ludwig I. Leopold -Poldi- is his great-great-great-grandchild. He lives steps from where Ludwig II (the mad/fairy king) died. There are quite a few images here on Alamy of the prince. Some, but not a lot, in various nice vehicles. More on google images. That Bergspyder!

wim

• Thanks 1