Sigma Converter

Hi all

I'm considering buying the Sigma 1.4x EX DG converter to use on my 120/400 DG APO HSM lens, firstly is it compatible and would it still work in full auto, I would also like to know if there would be any quality issues RE: Alamy.

Liam

Not sure how helpful this will be Liam, but I bought a 1.4 converter for my Sigma 100-300 f4 lens some considerable while ago. Not at all overjoyed by the results, could get similar by just up-sizing the files.

Sigma have moved on from then of course, and the 100-300 is weakest at 300, so it may be worthwhile now.

I have the sigma 1.4 which I use on a sigma 70-200 2.8, and I can and do get good results from it, but it means stopping down a bit more than I want....my other problem with it is the screws are always coming loose causing the female side of the mount to become very loose and I have almost had the lens fall off the camera before..it may just be my converter that has the problem, but I have just purchased a nikon 1.4 tc to use on my nikon 300mm f4 and the feel and quality is much better in fact I cant see much difference in image quality if I am using it or not..

Again I know this isn't a sigma 120-400 but I have tried it on my sigma 50-500 OS and where I can get good images from my 70-200 2.8 is is pretty well useless on the 50-500..

Archived