I been a member for over ten years on Alamy but never had much sales is not even 10 sales in total. I usually submit my images to bigger Agencies like Getty, Imago and others where i have every month more then 100 up to 1000 images sold.  Any tips on how to get more sales here on Alamy, i find it quite strange that i get so much more sales on the other platforms and here next to nothing.

Have you ever looked if clients of Alamy are actually searching for your subjects? Your subjects seem to be almost all for the German and German speaking market. My experience is that German clients don't buy from Alamy directly a whole lot, but are usually buying from Alamy through German distributors (Mauritius mainly). Which you may already be supplying directly. Or otherwise, you should.

I am also guessing Brexit was no improvement either.

These have been the searches for Ballermann on All of Alamy for the whole of the rolling year:

ballermann 2

Ballermann sangria 1

Ballermann party 1

None for Schlagersterne; Manta Manni; Marc Eggers; Iris Klein or Malin Brown.

400 searches for TIkTok though. Have a look what clients are looking for when they search for TikTok. Or Mallorca (600 searches).

My guess: you have found your marketplace somewhere else. And everything you sell on Alamy is just a nice extra.

If you want to sell more here, shoot what clients are looking for on Alamy.

wim

• Love 1
  • Like 1

What Wim says. You have a picture on sale three times via Alamy Live News right at the top. Why? Of course, Ballermann is essential for German buyers. But do keyword the name of the people in the image, where it was taken, stage, performer, performing, DJ und so weiter. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2

On 05/06/2023 at 19:09, wiskerke said:

Have you ever looked if clients of Alamy are actually searching for your subjects? Your subjects seem to be almost all for the German and German speaking market. My experience is that German clients don't buy from Alamy directly a whole lot, but are usually buying from Alamy through German distributors (Mauritius mainly). Which you may already be supplying directly. Or otherwise, you should.

I am also guessing Brexit was no improvement either.

These have been the searches for Ballermann on All of Alamy for the whole of the rolling year:

ballermann 2

Ballermann sangria 1

Ballermann party 1

None for Schlagersterne; Manta Manni; Marc Eggers; Iris Klein or Malin Brown.

400 searches for TIkTok though. Have a look what clients are looking for when they search for TikTok. Or Mallorca (600 searches).

My guess: you have found your marketplace somewhere else. And everything you sell on Alamy is just a nice extra.

If you want to sell more here, shoot what clients are looking for on Alamy.

wim

Thanks for this Input! How do i check what people search for? I have not done this research before. thanks!

1 hour ago, nicepix4u said:

Thanks for this Input! How do i check what people search for? I have not done this research before. thanks!

On your Alamy dashboard, scroll down and expand the "Alamy Measures" section, then click on "All of Alamy"

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman

2 hours ago, M.Chapman said:

On your Alamy dashboard, scroll down and expand the "Alamy Measures" section, then click on "All of Alamy"

Mark

All of Alamy

That link in my reply takes you there directly if you're logged in.

Try All of Alamy.

You have to be logged in.

The explanation by Alamy:

This tool allows you to see all searches from customers who have spent money on Alamy within a specified date range.

If you are contemplating which images to submit* to Alamy, you can use this tool to research how often a subject is requested and how many sales, zooms and views were recorded.

Please note that the link from each search term displays the current search results for a particular word or phrase.

* or which keywords to use (wim)

Put the date back as far as it will go, which at the moment is 01-June-2022. You are now searching the rolling year. Next month the date will be 01-July-2022.

Put a keyword or -phrase in the Search Term box like this: %schlager%. The %% are a database thing.

Try your search term with and without %% to see what they are doing. Like photo montage; %photo montage% ; %photo%montage%. 

Play around with clicking on the headers of the various columns. Read the text on the yellow pad to the right to understand what you're doing.

From a previous answer:

Do look at All of Alamy (or AoA) if clients are actually searching for such subjects at all on Alamy.

(You have to be logged in to look at AoA.)

It's not too difficult. There's nothing that can go wrong, so just play with it a bit.

Here are some previous bits of advice to get you started:

link 1

link 2

link 3

link 4

(Sorry, these are all mine, because for me they're easy to find.)

More about AoA: Search for "All of Alamy" AoA in this forum. (The search box is in the upper left hand corner.) Do include the "" and don't forget to check the box Include all of my search term words.

Note the search function for this forum has been changed over the last couple of days: Now you have to do a search first to get to the + More search options button.

And it now says:

Find results that contain...

All of my search term words

One more thing: Alamy does not translate your German keywords into English. It does try to translate your English keywords into German or French or Spanish . However if there are specific words or names, be sure to include them in the original language.

In your case, Konzert should be concert or at least include that keyword.

wim

edit: do read some of those threads, not just my linked answers, as I said: it's just because for me they're easier to find.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Like 1

looking at your images page 1 & 2 your
"forte" is
 celebrity events?
IMO, you should be in direct contact with
Alamy Live News about what events you
will be covering & what events they want
you to cover...
(but shooting same event for other agency AND alamy = cannibalization)
I am also with other agency you mentioned
& get 800+ licenses monthly & ~100 monthly
with Alamy; the only way AFAIK to get 800+
monthly via Alamy is to offer millions of 
historical photos from Library of Congress,
but that's a whole different scheme to learn...
(Gastonia tonight, Augusta tomorrow)
Edited by Jeffrey Isaac Greenberg