Adding new images to images already uploaded in LR

Betty LaRue

Question

I remember some time back reading that LR had added a feature where one could add new images to previous ones to be worked on.  I have been working on a folder in LR. I have a lot of various images, then the last half of the images are cutouts.  It has been so long since I shot cutouts (on white) that I forgot the best camera settings to do them best.  I shot with my lens wide open, which gave soft sides to the products.

I have reshot them stopped down, but would prefer to add them to the same folder I'm working on in LR.  I can't figure out how to do it in spite of poking around, and googling.

Help please. I hate that I am so dumb about figuring these things out.

5 answers to this question

You can also navigate to that folder on the right side of the screen when you're importing them and bring them into the same folder that way.

If they are already on your hard drive & haven't been processed at all in LR, you can move them into the folder you want on your hard drive, then highlight the folder in LR and go to Synchronize Folder

But if they are already in LR, drag & drop is the way to go so any changes you made stay with the filles. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Marianne said:

You can also navigate to that folder on the right side of the screen when you're importing them and bring them into the same folder that way.

If they are already on your hard drive & haven't been processed at all in LR, you can move them into the folder you want on your hard drive, then highlight the folder in LR and go to Synchronize Folder

But if they are already in LR, drag & drop is the way to go so any changes you made stay with the filles. 

You are technically smarter than I, Marianne. I need to watch you do it.

I'm not sure I understand your issue, Betty. It sounds like you are working on images in a folder in Lightroom. If so, they are already in that folder. Where are they if not in the folder? I only work in Lightroom so am probably missing something about the problem.

Paulette