No information on who bought the picture

Alexander Hogg

Question

Just had a sale come in this morning and has no information on who bought the picture Did a reverse image search and still cannot find any information on it Possibly I'm doing something wrong 

Have used Tin eye and a couple of other ones 

Any other ideas on how I can find out 

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Just had a sale come in this morning and has no information on who bought the picture Did a reverse image search and still cannot find any information on it Possibly I'm doing something wrong 

Have used Tin eye and a couple of other ones 

Any other ideas on how I can find out 

Morning Alex,

It might help if you provided the license details and image reference (image ref. optional if you don't want people to know what sold).

You'll only be able to find it if it's online. Might have sold to physical media.

• Thanks 1

First of all... a sale! 👍🥂

How to find it?  Ah well...

If the there is'nt a big clue in the license, such as the circulation figure, then my usual methods are.

1.  Google Pseudonym alamy -alamy.com -alamy.fr -pinterest

2. Google image search

3. Tineye

4. Google search for the location or subject of the  image, setting dates either side of the useage date.

5. Google search of the context the image might have been used in.  Google might find the article but not the image.

6. I also subcribe to "readly", lots of magazines and papere to look through.

Repeat a few days later, Google search results are variable,

Edited by Mr Standfast
shocking spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

I have had licence details all the time till now 

RF isn't licensed for a particular purpose, so you might not expect details.  My last couple of RFs just said something like "editorial RF" and "magazines and books" or whatever.

BTW on a quick look, most of your RFs probably shouldn't be as they contain unreleased property. When I found out about this, quite early on, I switched all my unlicensed RFs to RM, so I now only have a tiny number- about one in a thousand.

If an image has licensed, you shouldn't change it to RM as there may be a conflict in a subsequent licence.

With some of the "everything forever" licences we see nowadays it's arguable that the RM/RF boat has sailed and the differences are marginal. But I had to mention it.

Edited by spacecadet

9 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

RF isn't licensed for a particular purpose, so you might not expect details.  My last couple of RFs just said something like "editorial RF" and "magazines and books" or whatever.

BTW on a quick look, most of your RFs probably shouldn't be as they contain unreleased property. When I found out about this, quite early on, I switched all my unlicensed RFs to RM, so I now only have a tiny number- about one in a thousand.

If an image has licensed, you shouldn't change it to RM as there may be a conflict in a subsequent licence.

With some of the "everything forever" licences we see nowadays it's arguable that the RM/RF boat has sailed and the differences are marginal. But I had to mention it.

Thanks I will try and change the ones that haven't been licenced

43 minutes ago, Alexander Hogg said:

Thanks I will try and change the ones that haven't been licenced

You should be able to do this in large batches in Manage Images. You can select subs individually or click and drag the box down. Th maximum is supposed to be 500 but I wouldn't do that many at once as it becomes very slow. Then just change licence type. You can change the default to RM in settings (the cogwheel at the top).

It may be quicker to change them all, then go in with your list of licences and change the much smaller number back.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Thanks 1