AI imagery and stock photography debate...

Something to read, and something to watch

Having slowed down my production of stock imagery, I haven't really kept up with the latest news about AI.

Having watched the YouTube video, I now realise there are hundreds which tackle the same theme. 

Should we be excited... or terrified? Is there any future for stock as we know it?

• Love 1

I prefer to think positively about this. When fake news and fake pics become so widespread people will not know what they can trust.

Hopefully, this will mean a return to the use of trusted sources for news, information, and, of course, for imagery.  

• Love 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

...this will mean a return to the use of trusted sources...for imagery.  

Ian M'ster old online buddy,
I'm with you on this;
some buyers will ALWAYS
want REAL photos & will
require verification from
agencies that they are
REALLY REAL MAN
an embarrassing incident just
happened in music industry
involving a Fake Drake...
👨🏾   👨🏾   👨🏾

On 17/04/2023 at 20:46, John Morrison said:

Something to read, and something to watch

Having slowed down my production of stock imagery, I haven't really kept up with the latest news about AI.

Having watched the YouTube video, I now realise there are hundreds which tackle the same theme. 

Should we be excited... or terrified? Is there any future for stock as we know it?

AI could generate some really great images of mushrooms (tried it myself), but I don't think it would replace editorial stock photography. I'm not terrified at all.

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov