Historical / Antique Photographs

Jackie D

Question

I am brand new with Alamy and I am trying to submit film photographs (scanned at 300dpi) for approval.  They are from early 1900's and 1920's, however I have not been able to upload any images under the Historical photographs.  I completed the request for the submission but I am being asked for Website or Portfolio??  I no longer have a website, I have a few posts on Instagram under jackielafrog..where do I go from there?.

3 answers to this question

You could try temporarily uploading a representative selection of images at full resolution as a gallery on a free image hosting site and the send Alamy a link. Perhaps postimages.org, for example, but be sure to use their direct link to avoid including adverts (check the link when not logged in). Once approved by Alamy, delete the images.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Love 1

On 08/03/2023 at 20:04, Jackie D said:

I am brand new with Alamy and I am trying to submit film photographs (scanned at 300dpi) for approval.  They are from early 1900's and 1920's, however I have not been able to upload any images under the Historical photographs.  I completed the request for the submission but I am being asked for Website or Portfolio??  I no longer have a website, I have a few posts on Instagram under jackielafrog..where do I go from there?.

I think Alamy ask to see a website so they can satisfy themselves that you can supply a good quantity of suitable images before they approve you. If you follow Mark's advice above I would recommend uploading as many and as varied pictures as you can.

Alan