Hi, About My Portfolio Page

JoeBurgett

Good day, everyone.

I want to say hello from Alabama, in the United States. I have been with Alamy for roughly a month now. I am just wondering...since I do have a lot of images that have been accepted and posted onto the site....is there any way I'd be able to edit my Portfolio page?

https://www.alamy.com/portfolio/1146989.html?pn=1#

This is what it looks like now. As you can see, my images are there but clearly there is no true portfolio name or image on the page. Now to be fair, if you click on the images you'll see my name. Then if you click on my name, it leads you to a page that is not so much a portfolio page. It's more like a random category page you might see for tags.

In spite of the amount of images I have up, none have sold. I assume this will change after a while and I need to be on top of trends and stuff. But perhaps an error could be causing both my portfolio issue and how my images are selling? Seems unlikely, but I figured I'd check to see what you all think. If there is a way to change this, let me know. It tried looking on my dashboard but there is nothing on there that allows me to change or alter the portfolio in any way.

Hey Joe,

Welcome. You can indeed edit your portfolio - try these fixes:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/16399-how-do-i-edit-my-portfolio-page-it-wont-let-me-add-my-name-and-photo/

Alamy tends to sell less images for contributors than microstock agencies, but historically, for higher prices. I believe that's still the case, although the average sales price continues to drop - that is an industry wide phenomenon though. And it often takes a few months to register sales due to the way Alamy invoices clients.

In respect of having a lot of images, you really don't. You have 161 out of 327 million images on Alamy. And Alamy is one of many stock agencies. Typical average on Alamy was 1 license per 1000 images per month.

Also, you're licensing AI generated images. I don't believe there is currently much market for these - one of the main reasons being that you can't guarantee that you have the copyright???

Steve

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting me know about the portfolio edit. I'll see if that helps.

As for AI images. The big difference between what I do versus what perhaps others using AI tend to do is that I edit mine. They are never out of the box and sent to Alamy or other agencies. I use other software like Photoshop, Lightroom, even other AI edit systems to ensure they are unique. On top of this, I tend to go after images that would likely never be anywhere else. Such as the idea of using soldiers on the battlefield in photorealistic looks. I am not sure anyone owns this, but I actually make sure of this.

You can look up if an image exists somewhere. I think some Stable Diffusion models have this problem but that is only if the person who made the model does not put in restrictions or does not properly train their model to avoid such stuff. Either way, I do not take any chances. lol

What is so odd too is that my images have actually sold on other sites. It is only Alamy where I seem to be stuck, and they accept literally everything I have submitted.

I must admit I'm not really up on AI imaging. But my understanding is that AI images are a composite / interpolation of 2 or more existing images. So they are 'unique' images as such, but taken from other's existing images. So I would expect certain elements of an AI image to be copyright infringing, depending on whether the AI has used enough source images to make them unidentifiable or not (i.e. 2 photo interpolation, you could probably identify the originals, 1000 photo interpolation, probably not).

Most of us aren't fans as it's another nail in the coffin of stock (i.e. clients will be producing images themselves using AI without a photographer's input), but you can't suppress new technology so it's here to stay....

Your Joker and Star Wars images are ripe for copyright infringement.  They are very obvious to where the main subject is.  Disney is very litigious and protects its' copyrights with avengence. Don't know how sticky Warner is about their DC Comics copyrights, but you are tempting fate. Not worth the risk.

Jill

• Like 2