Non-Live News images on Live News

I noticed something I’ve never seen before in the offerings on the Live News site. I searched for Scotland and found about half a dozen single PA images entries which are old ones from last year by a number of different photographers. So can we now submit old images for topical news or are Alamy picking out ones they think are topical?

live-news-feed.png
Alamy's live news feed for the latest news, sport and entertainment images.
For editorial images more than 48 hours old, please search the main collection from the home page.
AllNewsSportEntertainment

No images to display. Please come back later.

Live news is broken for me now

27 minutes ago, Sally said:

I noticed something I’ve never seen before in the offerings on the Live News site. I searched for Scotland and found about half a dozen single PA images entries which are old ones from last year by a number of different photographers. So can we now submit old images for topical news or are Alamy picking out ones they think are topical?

I'm now seeing just two from 26 Jan. Something is very wrong with Alamy's system, but seemingly being fiddled with.

6 minutes ago, Iain Masterton said:

More to the point....PA news images now appear in real time on Alamy feed.....just a matter of time i suppose

Also on the PA feed there is now a link taking buyers straight to Alamy...!

Looks like PA as muscling in on the Alamy site ( better technology?)

4 hours ago, Iain Masterton said:

More to the point....PA news images now appear in real time on Alamy feed.....just a matter of time i suppose

Can I ask Iain if you have any idea when this started?

This is bad news for me in the context of one strand of work.

I have checked images from the kind of event I refer to and never saw PA Images for it on the Live News Feed before as the event was happening - so something has changed it seems and it's possibly an end for me. 

18 minutes ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Can I ask Iain if you have any idea when this started?

This is bad news for me in the context of one strand of work.

I have checked images from the kind of event I refer to and never saw PA Images for it on the Live News Feed before as the event was happening - so something has changed it seems and it's possibly an end for me. 

As far as I can see this has started today.

I asked Alamy about this and this is their reply.

"The vast majority of PA’s customers have been migrated and encouraged to use the Alamy platform. This is good news for Alamy Live News contributors as there has been an influx of new customers who are now licensing ALN content."

We shall see....

1 hour ago, Iain Masterton said:

"The vast majority of PA’s customers have been migrated and encouraged to use the Alamy platform. This is good news for Alamy Live News contributors as there has been an influx of new customers who are now licensing ALN content."

We shall see....

Many thanks Iain - yes, wait and see .... and indeed we shall see............ 

On 03/02/2023 at 18:45, Iain Masterton said:

We shall see....

We shall see, indeed.