RF editorial and RM editorial

Good morning everyone,

I am aware that the topic has been covered many times but I have a doubt that I want to share with you.

Most of the time I use RF and if there are people, logos or interiors in the image, I cue, in the optional part, "as an editorial".

I ask you if, when I use RM, and in the image there are people, logos or interiors (e.g. museum), I also use "editorial" in this case in the optional part??

Thank you!

Lorenza

Edited by lorenza

It's up to you, and Alamy's AIM is in my experience unusually flexible in this regard (other sites have a hard requirement for photos with logos/people - you either mark it as editorial or you provide releases). That said, my approach is generally to be quite zealous in marking an image as editorial, regardless if RF or RM, if there are really any recognisable people or logos. 

I don't mark any of my photos as Editorial only .. but if there are people or property in the photo, I select that and then I say that I don't have a model or property release (if I don't). I am using RM for these types of photos.

I don't know if we also need to mark them as Editorial only ...

• Like 1

This needn't necessarily affect your decision but once your image is marked as 'Sell for editorial use only' then it will not be found in 'Creative' (so Ultimate, Vital, Uncut or Foundation), it will only be found when searching in 'All images' or under 'Editorial'.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1