Anyone getting Sales from images that were zoomed weeks or months before anymore?

meanderingemu

Question

Looking through my licences so far this year, and looking at images that were also zoomed and it seems the only time i get a licence for a Zoomed image it's a sale that was reported on the same day.  Gone are the Zooms licenced a couple weeks/months down the road.  

I know Alamy made undisclosed changes last fall to the tracking methodology of data, and many people are reporting changing in cardinality of views, but this feels off to me. 

What worries me is it a change in tracking, people no longer buying, or are more images getting delayed/missed in sales reporting? 

6 answers to this question

It seems to me that the time between a zoom and a reported sale is generally shorter now than previous years, but I haven't checked it thoroughly tbh. I am getting sales reported up to about 4-5 weeks after a zoom, but generally it's not more than a week or two.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Steve F said:

It seems to me that the time between a zoom and a reported sale is generally shorter now than previous years, but I haven't checked it thoroughly tbh. I am getting sales reported up to about 4-5 weeks after a zoom, but generally it's not more than a week or two.

thanks.  It seems all i am getting Zoomed-Sales are the $0.14-$3.00 discount deals, where is in prior year i would get once in a while $$-$$$ images that were zoomed before. 

28 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

(or rather Alamy) have very rarely if ever been able to link a zoom to a sale, until this Sunday (yes) when I had a zoom linked to a sale the same day.

22nd August to date. 74 zooms and 50 sales.

Breakdown per licensed image/zooms:

• 6 zooms, 4 sales
  • 4 zooms, no sales
  • 3 zooms, 1 sale
  • 2 zooms, 1 sale (refunded and resold for slightly less)
  • 4no. images with 2 zooms, 1 sale
  • 2 no. images with 2 zooms, no sales
  • 2 no. images with 1 zoom, 2 sales
  • 16 images with 1 zoom and 1 sale

So out of 50 sales, 28 were zoomed. Hope that makes sense above, it's all for a single image per bullet point unless stated otherwise.

Edited by Steve F
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

thanks.  It seems all i am getting Zoomed-Sales are the $0.14-$3.00 discount deals

That's the range of over half my sales these days unfortunately.

But I had a $168 zoomed image at the end of last month, a $50 zoomed image this month and a $28 zoomed image this month that was zoomed over a month ago.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Steve F said:

22nd August to date. 74 zooms and 50 sales.

Breakdown per licensed image/zooms:

• 6 zooms, 4 sales
  • 4 zooms, no sales
  • 3 zooms, 1 sale
  • 2 zooms, 1 sale (refunded and resold for slightly less)
  • 4no. images with 2 zooms, 1 sale
  • 2 no. images with 2 zooms, no sales
  • 2 no. images with 1 zoom, 2 sales
  • 16 images with 1 zoom and 1 sale

So out of 50 sales, 28 were zoomed. Hope that makes sense above, it's all for a single image per bullet point unless stated otherwise.

thanks for that.  This is reassuring, that my experience is not an indication of a bigger systemic issue.  

• Thanks 1