Upload not connecting

For the last 2 days, the Upload page has been failing to connect with the Alamy server. After 'choosing my upload route' then browsing and selecting the image files in question, the system quite literally spins its wheels: the image icons spin but fail to upload.

Since my internet provider, Australia's Optusnet, has recently admitted to having suffered a serious hacking attack, it does seem possible that other internet servers might be blocking inbound traffic originating from Optus. However, I have now tried again using an alternative provider and still experience the same failure to upload.  Can Alamy's technical people or anyone else shed any light on this situation, please?

Same here using firefox on mac, download would spool after sending a few images. I took out the image that would not go but ended up with same issue on another image in the end out of 25 images 6 would not send. I then re saved the original Tiffs in photoshop to Jpgs of the 6 images, still same issues with the 6 images when sending with firefox. I then tried using Safari with the 6 images all went through with no issues.

This is the first time that I have had an issue with firefox as I had sent 50 images in 2 batches this month with no problems.

Edited by Nigel Kirby

Hi Philip, 

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems.  Would you be able to drop us an email about your issue so we can look into it further?  We haven't seen anything wrong from our side but we would be happy to take a look & email IT if the problem persists. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Alamy said:

Hi Philip, 

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing problems.  Would you be able to drop us an email about your issue so we can look into it further?  We haven't seen anything wrong from our side but we would be happy to take a look & email IT if the problem persists. 

Thanks everyone, I'll email admin@alamy.com with the details (and meanwhile, I succeeded in completing an upload via Chrome rather than the Firefox brower)

On 24/10/2022 at 07:41, Philip Game said:

For the last 2 days, the Upload page has been failing to connect with the Alamy server. After 'choosing my upload route' then browsing and selecting the image files in question, the system quite literally spins its wheels: the image icons spin but fail to upload.

Since my internet provider, Australia's Optusnet, has recently admitted to having suffered a serious hacking attack, it does seem possible that other internet servers might be blocking inbound traffic originating from Optus. However, I have now tried again using an alternative provider and still experience the same failure to upload.  Can Alamy's technical people or anyone else shed any light on this situation, please?

Getting the same issue today, I was able to upload one pic only and after nothing!

I uploaded by FTP and it was ok