search broken using Safari?

Been struggling to get Alamy search to work using Safari - is this a known issue?

"birthday cake" "wildlife park" get no results

"yorkshire" gets 152 results

"boy" gets 14 results.

Over on Chrome there appears to be a far greater number of results for these searches...

That's a new one. Probably worth mentioning which version of Safari and what you are using it on - PC, Mac, Android, iOS? The search doesn't work at all on my Safari 11.1.2 on an ageing Imac but I'm sure they won't be concerned about that.

Edited by Harry Harrison

51 minutes ago, BradleyPhoto said:

Over on Chrome there appears to be a far greater number of results for these searches...

On the new system you also have to be sure that you are comparing like with like, so are you searching in All images on both or has one inadvertently switched to Ultimate, Vital, Uncut, Foundation or Editorial and are you sure there are no filters applied (even if you haven't knowingly applied them yourself).

Edited by Harry Harrison
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, M.Chapman said:

Search is working for me in Brave, Safari and Chrome, all on Mac OS Monterey in the UK when searching in the "All" category with no filters on.

Mark

For some reason a filter had been applied, though I had never applied it.  I unchecked it and all is working now :)

23 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

That's a new one. Probably worth mentioning which version of Safari and what you are using it on - PC, Mac, Android, iOS? The search doesn't work at all on my Safari 11.1.2 on an ageing Imac but I'm sure they won't be concerned about that.

Mac 12.4 Safari 15.5

23 hours ago, Harry Harrison said:

On the new system you also have to be sure that you are comparing like with like, so are you searching in All images on both or has one inadvertently switched to Ultimate, Vital, Uncut, Foundation or Editorial and are you sure there are no filters applied (even if you haven't knowingly applied them yourself).

Pretty certain was All Images - the new categories are far too confusing tbh.

I found the differences bizarre. Shall try repeat later, screenshot and ping them over to Alamy.