Managing images

Can someone please explain how to use the image manager?

I have keyworded images, put restrictions, dated when the images were taken as well as the location

They seem to disappear after closing the batch editor despite saving all that I've put in

Also, can someone tell me a good way to keyword images, as I can't use commas or semi-colons or other special characters in between each keyword?

Well now I am very confused about the green and red flags. Why does this person have 44 red flags? Maybe I missed a major war. Anyway, Richie, I can't remember hating you for any reason so I'll try to help. Don't use any characters between words. It is not necessary. I always try to use a real sentence in the caption. Not sure why you are going wrong with your batch processing but you might try to keyword a few images one by one until you sort of have it down. Then move on to the batch function. It can be confusing at first. The Attributes section sometimes trips people up. You have to choose whether it is a photograph or illustration and that menu is covered at one point so is easy to miss. After you have green arrows across all the sections you can save and the images should show up online after 24 hours.

Paulette

Well now I am very confused about the green and red flags. Why does this person have 44 red flags? Maybe I missed a major war. Anyway, Richie, I can't remember hating you for any reason so I'll try to help. Don't use any characters between words. It is not necessary. I always try to use a real sentence in the caption. Not sure why you are going wrong with your batch processing but you might try to keyword a few images one by one until you sort of have it down. Then move on to the batch function. It can be confusing at first. The Attributes section sometimes trips people up. You have to choose whether it is a photograph or illustration and that menu is covered at one point so is easy to miss. After you have green arrows across all the sections you can save and the images should show up online after 24 hours.

Paulette

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/1537-a-serious-question-about-qc/

I think the red flags are due to the OP being on the wind up.

Ah yes. Richie has benefited from my poor memory. There was a bit of an attitude problem. Just remember, Richie, when we help you we are helping our competition so being nice to us will will go far towards making us want to respond nicely. I haven't been the quickest to learn how to do things on a computer so I like to assist when someone else is lost.

Paulette

Richie, I've had another thought. There is a menu at the top of the Manage Images page. It is a dropdown menu with your "Images Not Ready", "Images Ready", etc. etc. Your images are probably there under "Images Ready". When they go on sale in 24 hours they will be under "Images on Sale."

Paulette

Paulette

Because there are a few trolls as usual

The first and third tabs for "Keywords" and "Attributes" have required fields.  Until these fields marked with red asterisks are completed the image won't become listed as ready, and won't show on your portfolio.  When the image is ready, the red X on both tabs will change to a green checkmark and the image will generally show up in your portfolio the following morning.  As Paulette suggested you can verify which images are ready, or not ready, by using the drop down menu at the top of Manage Images.

Keywords are separated by spaces, not commas.

Commas are used in the Location field (4th tab).

Paulette

Oh dear. I was hoping for a "thank you". Did what I said help you?

Paulette

Paulette

Oh dear. I was hoping for a "thank you". Did what I said help you?

Paulette

I was meaning to say thank you.

Thank You

Archived