Exclusive Search?

Stephen D

Question

I'm afraid that I'm not quite up to date with Alamy's new search set up.

But I can't see a way for a picture researcher to search for an image that is exclusive to Alamy?

Am I missing something?

There used to be a financial bonus for photographers having images that were only lodged with Alamy but I put a lot of mine elsewhere when they changed that.

However, I still have a large proportion of my Alamy images marked Exclusive.

Is it worth it?

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Stephen D said:

I'm afraid that I'm not quite up to date with Alamy's new search set up.

But I can't see a way for a picture researcher to search for an image that is exclusive to Alamy?

Am I missing something?

There used to be a financial bonus for photographers having images that were only lodged with Alamy but I put a lot of mine elsewhere when they changed that.

However, I still have a large proportion of my Alamy images marked Exclusive.

Is it worth it?

only contractual distinction for Exclusive images is automatic infringement tracking, though some of reported infringement awards for non exclusive image initiated by Alamy so this might not even be a real advantage 

Only around 7% of Alamy content is exclusive, and they do not consider that it has commercial value. There is also the issue that exclusive status is entirely down to whether contributor's provide optional information. 

Alamy like to claim that they have unique content that is unavailable elsewhere but perhps that is describing the. ature of the entire collection rather than the approx 93% that is non-exclusive. 

Anyway, the simple answer there isn't a filter for exclusivity and there wasn't previoulsy either.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1