Progressing to "on sale"

Roy Q

Question

Hello - complete novice (to Alamy, not to photography). My initial submission of 3 has now passed QC, and I have added and saved tags and commentary. But after a couple of days they are still saying "not for sale". Do they progress automatically to "on sale", or am I missing something I need to do?

Many thanks

Roy

4 answers to this question

I'm not sure what you mean by "commentary". The caption is easy to miss. It's at the top and you need to click. They do go automatically once they say "On sale" in Image Manager and the database updates. The updates happen once a day but sometimes are delayed. Are you hitting "Save" when you put in information?

Paulette

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Bear in mind that the 'additional information' field is not searchable so you should try to get as much information as possible in the caption field.  For instance your image of the road works sign - you have put the location in the 'additional information' field where it won't be found in a search.  It should be in the caption field.

• Love 1

Think of the Additional information field as something that might be useful for someone who has zoomed on the photo.  Captions are part of what gets zooms and are searchable (often in some strange ways -- someone was search for cat lead and ended up at one my mine where cat fight bites lead to a skin infection.  Changed to "caused a skin infection."  So, the caption is searchable either totally or by individual words in it.  

Additional information would be something the person licensing the photo might want to know for the article that's illustrated by the photo.

• Love 1