Photos stolen!

Lukefotografo

Question

8 answers to this question

Hi Luca. This is a common problem. If you're talking about websites ending .top or Russian or Turkish websites Alamy can't help as there is no legal route to follow to chase these. The websites using the domain .top are as far as I know usually illegal and I have found constant usages which then disappear again after a short period. I do report anything that is in the US or EU or UK but anything else is almost impossible to pursue as reported in other threads on here. Waiting for my first Alamy infringement team response to the few I have reported to date.

8 hours ago, Lukefotografo said:

This may be sales that have not been reported.  And if they bought a hundred, then I'm sure the fees will be real low.  Can't see how they would have got the unwatermarked images otherwise.

Jill

On 18/02/2022 at 17:10, Jill Morgan said:

This may be sales that have not been reported.  And if they bought a hundred, then I'm sure the fees will be real low.  Can't see how they would have got the unwatermarked images otherwise.

Jill

I don't understand this site either and others are known for stealing photos. Can anyone advise me how I should go about taking legal action?

3 minutes ago, Lukefotografo said:

I don't understand this site either and others are known for stealing photos. Can anyone advise me how I should go about taking legal action?

First contact contributors@alamy.com  Are your images exclusive with Alamy?  If they are unreported sales, then Alamy will let you know.  If you are not exclusive, then they may do nothing as they do not know from where the images were taken.

Jill