Is it ok to change image license?

MJensen

Question

4 answers to this question

6 hours ago, MJensen said:

If Ive had images already licensed as RM and on sale for a while, can I change them to RF? 

Yes you can as long as you don't have them as RM at another agency -- i.e. you aren't supposed to have images as RF here and RM somewhere else. Mind you, all this doesn't make a lot of sense to me as Alamy licenses are usually a mixture of RM and RF.

• Like 1

Thank you.  That is why I want to make the change, so I can put them somewhere else also that is only RF.   Also Im assuming that if an image has sold and been used with RM license then it cant change, is that correct?

3 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

i.e. you aren't supposed to have images as RF here and RM somewhere else. Mind you, all this doesn't make a lot of sense to me as Alamy licenses are usually a mixture of RM and RF.

Yes the rule applied to contributors no longer seem to make sense. Images marked as RM are sometimes being sold by Alamy with licence terms that are pretty much RF and yet we're supposed to follow the rule. Originally (if I recall correctly) AIM used to prevent the licence type being changed after initial selection. But now it's easy to change. So maybe there's more flexibility these days?

Mark

2 hours ago, MJensen said:

Thank you.  That is why I want to make the change, so I can put them somewhere else also that is only RF.   Also Im assuming that if an image has sold and been used with RM license then it cant change, is that correct?

there is nothing contractually that would prevent you from doing this.