Opted Out of Distribution Still Getting Sales with Distributor Commission?

Hi all,

Hope everyone is well.

I've opted out of distributor sales when the new contract with disappointing fees was unveiled. Looking now at my October sales I am still getting sales which have distributor commission on them. Is this right? Can the sales continue even though I've opted out and if so how long for after? Or do i need to contact Alamy?

Many thanks!

Alamy has stated that for Distribution as long as download has happened prior to you opting out it they will owner it, and paid out under the Current contract rules, provided you accepted the contract.  I did check a couple of distributors and couldn't find some of your images, but with time delays in reporting from some Distro who knows how long the reporting tail will be. 

4 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

Alamy has stated that for Distribution as long as download has happened prior to you opting out it they will owner it, and paid out under the Current contract rules, provided you accepted the contract.  I did check a couple of distributors and couldn't find some of your images, but with time delays in reporting from some Distro who knows how long the reporting tail will be. 

Ok, thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for it and see if it continues. 

12 minutes ago, Nathaniel Noir said:

I think in July

I think you could see sales coming in for some time yet. Assuming more sales were done through Dists before you opted out.

Allan

• Like 1