What are the benefits of Model released

I have read all the info and stuck to Rights Managed   but then I think I have read something on a forum MR  was better than Model released. I have some images with just one person on which I could get model released forms but what are the benefits.. 

Regards  B 

Hello Barbara i guess :)?

The benefit is that you can sell the image also for commercial use next to editorial if there is no trademark included. When there is something with trademark you need to clone it out in order to can sell the image commercially. Without releases it can be only editorial.

Depending of what the image is you can make a choice. Sometimes i leave a image in purpose ediorial and dont remove the logos and so on. When a editorial client is looking for example a person at a bus stop they would prefer the one with logos and "real" people then the commercial looking one (without logos and posed people).

Thank you Mirco & Losdemas  for commenting and  taking the time.... :)

O there would be only the one person per image image and not showing face but I know I still need model releases .. What I meant was ... could you earn more money by having MR also is there more chance of selling and would an image get noticed more with  an  with a MR..

B 

Barbara,

It depends what you ask. Do you ask if a commercial people image (with release) sells better then a editorial one without? Or Editorial with release versus Editorial without? 

I am not long on Alamy but i have to say that on other agency for example i have more commercial images then editorial but anyway i sell more editorial ones. On the next is the other way. It just depends wich clients the agency have. I hear that Alamy has a big group of editorial costumers. Also many big earners here are editorial photographers.

In fact a image with MR you can sell commercial and editorial so it sounds that you have more chance for sale. But on the other hand like i said before a editorial client would choose the one with brands and not model people wich are most of the time without releases.

Maybe you should look at the image and start to think where it could be used for. If a image could fit in a travel guide i would leave it and dont loose to much time with getting a release since for this kind of publication is no release needed. Also getting releases from people on the street is very hard.

This above was more a general opinion. But coming back to your case. If you dont have any special logos or whatever in your image and you can get the MR then i would do it and yes it will increase the chance for sales in general.

Mirco

Thank you Mirco . ... I understand things  much better now... :)

.I will do one or two Model R and see how they go but I will stick to RM like I have been posting...I don't expect to get a sale for about 12 months anyway.... I am just trying to build up my PF..  ;)

Regards  Barbara 

Cheers Philippe I do feel a bit dim  :unsure:  asking all these questions.. But i suppose I will get a better understanding as time goes on... 

Regards  Barbara 

No worries, that's what this forum is for ;)

Cheers,

Philippe

Yes.... and read especially Philippe's post. There is much usefull information. :).

Mirco

Archived