How do i edit / add keywords etc to my images

steve_wyman

Question

19 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, steve_wyman said:

I have 50 images in my contributor that it says are no available for sale. I think i uploaded them but did not get round to adding ttils keywords etc.

Where do i go to edit these images.. I just can find anywhere

thanks for your help

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/captions-and-keywords-for-images/?section=8

8 minutes ago, steve_wyman said:

Thanks Where do i access that tool... ive googled a lot 😞

Hi Steve,

Alamy Image Manager: on your Alamy Dashboard, you have the choice of a big grey box halfway down the page next to the word 'Tools', or you can use the dropdown menu under 'My Account' at the top of the page on the right.

Steve

p.s. you've got 51 images on sale, so you've already managed to add captions and keywords unless you already filled this out as meta data in your image editor

Edited by Steve F

13 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Thanks Steve 

I added images and set keyword etc some years ago ! 🙂 sadly depression got me ofr a long time. now fixed.

when i click on link to image manager (cant upload a screen grab here!) it takes me to the upload function but doesnot allow me to see the images i have with poor discoverability... this is an account problem (?) or a dumb newbie thing...

• Love 2

Just now, steve_wyman said:

Thanks Steve 

I added images and set keyword etc some years ago ! 🙂 sadly depression got me ofr a long time. now fixed.

when i click on link to image manager (cant upload a screen grab here!) it takes me to the upload function but doesnot allow me to see the images i have with poor discoverability... this is an account problem (?) or a dumb newbie thing...

so i want to get to that functionality as per video

Steve,

Glad you're doing better now. Don't worry about the poor discoverability. I have 3568 images on sale with 'poor discoverability' and only 66 with 'good' discoverability', but my sales are fine. There's lots of threads on the Forum about it:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/14205-discoverability/

You do need to improve your existing Captions and Keywording though. Have a look at:

https://discussion.alamy.com/forum/18-portfolio-critique/

Steve

p.s. if you want to view images with a particular discoverability, there's a dropdown in Alamy Image Manageer under 'Filters'

Edited by Steve F

1 hour ago, steve_wyman said:

Thanks Steve 

Click the little x top right of the screen and you should be on the image manager (I think). You have wonderful images. It's important to add the Latin name on wildlife and plants. Put it in both the caption and keywords.

Paulette

31 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Steve,

Glad you're doing better now. Don't worry about the poor discoverability. I have 3568 images on sale with 'poor discoverability' and only 66 with 'good' discoverability', but my sales are fine. There's lots of threads on the Forum about it:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/14205-discoverability/

You do need to improve your existing Captions and Keywording though. Have a look at:

https://discussion.alamy.com/forum/18-portfolio-critique/

Steve

p.s. if you want to view images with a particular discoverability, there's a dropdown in Alamy Image Manageer under 'Filters'

thats all great thanks a lot.

but when i click on 

My Account -> Alamy Image Manger  IT doesnot take me to the image manager it takes me to image uploader !! any ideas as to whats wrong ?

1 minute ago, NYCat said:

Click the little x top right of the screen and you should be on the image manager (I think). You have wonderful images. It's important to add the Latin name on wildlife and plants. Put it in both the caption and keywords.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette thats very much appreciated

but when i click on 

My Account -> Alamy Image Manger  IT doesnot take me to the image manager it takes me to image uploader !! any ideas as to whats wrong ?

1 hour ago, steve_wyman said:

@Steve F @NYCat  thank you for your help. I now think theres an account issue. when i go to image manager button it takes me to uploader. on there it seems to think ive not uploaded before ! ill send alamy a message and hope..

I guess you don't see the X on the upper right of the screen? That is what I see when I go to the image uploader. You don't?

Paulette

2 hours ago, steve_wyman said:

@Steve F @NYCat  thank you for your help. I now think theres an account issue. when i go to image manager button it takes me to uploader. on there it seems to think ive not uploaded before ! ill send alamy a message and hope..

I just remembered another way to get to the Image Manager. You can get to your images on sale by clicking the blue number here under your avatar. Go to one of your images and click on it. On the preview page under the tags there is Edit Image in blue. Clicking on that will take you to the image in the Image Manager. All your submissions will be on the left. At some point you will have to sign in.

Paulette

On 23/09/2021 at 07:17, NYCat said:

I just remembered another way to get to the Image Manager. You can get to your images on sale by clicking the blue number here under your avatar. Go to one of your images and click on it. On the preview page under the tags there is Edit Image in blue. Clicking on that will take you to the image in the Image Manager. All your submissions will be on the left. At some point you will have to sign in.

Paulette

I'm in exactly the same boat as OP.  Seeing this answer, I have to ask "WHICH blue number here under your avatar?"  Although I've been here since 2007, and have 692 images available for sale, my only options are My Dashboard (which is merely a graph with my sales) and Alamy Image Manager (which only gives me the option to "get started" by uploading images).  It's like I'm caught in a vicious circle.

Edited by Raven Falls

On 04/12/2023 at 18:14, Raven Falls said:

I'm in exactly the same boat as OP.  Seeing this answer, I have to ask "WHICH blue number here under your avatar?"  Although I've been here since 2007, and have 692 images available for sale, my only options are My Dashboard (which is merely a graph with my sales) and Alamy Image Manager (which only gives me the option to "get started" by uploading images).  It's like I'm caught in a vicious circle.

Sorry. I guess it isn't blue anymore. Look at your avatar here in the forum and under it is "Images 692". Click and there you are. I don't understand why your Image Manager is not showing your submissions on the left and the images on the right.

Paulette

When I click on the number of images (51) I am taken to a page which has 93 images. Very nice to.

I think if you have not uploaded for a long time it might be worth contacting Contributor Relations to check if they have closed your account and or what action you must take.

contributors@alamy.com

Allan

On 04/12/2023 at 18:14, Raven Falls said:

"WHICH blue number here under your avatar?"

each time you post a message in this forum, there is this stuff to left of your message:

Raven Falls

• Raven FallsForum newbie
  • Verified
  • Joined Alamy: 19 Jun 2007

when you put your cursor over the number to right of "Images:"

that number turns blue & that number is a link to your images,

in your case the number is now "692"