RM stills and RF/RM footage from the same shoot

Mal K

Question

I'm trying to figure out where to place images and videos from a few recent shoots. RM agencies I contribute to don't accept footage. Can I submit RM stills to Alamy, and footage from the same shoot to a different library? 
Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

RM stills to Alamy is fine. RM footage is not accepted by Alamy directly, but may be possible through Pond5. Alamy have recently started acting as a distributor for Pond5 footage but there is no sure way of a Pond5 contributor selecting which of their clips will appear at Alamy. You will find discussion of the new developments in this thread and this thread.

Actually, I've just thought that Pond5 footage is sold as RF and the Alamy licence for video is basically RF, so I don't know of a way of submitting footage to Alamy which is RM rather than RF.

Futher clarification - one day I'll learn to read the question properly!. As long as the still image is not marked as exclusive to Alamy, there should be no issue at all. If you have marked the still images as exclusive to Alamy and posted the footage on aother agency I would advise that you seek clarification from Contributor Relations. 

Edited by Joseph Clemson
Clarification
  • Love 1

Alamy specifies that if an image is relatively similar to an image that is submitted RF elsewhere it should be submitted RF at Alamy, they however do not address the issue of Image vs Video where I guess a still could be extracted.  As Joseph says this is pointy enough a question, that is likely something that needs to be questioned with CR. 

that said, at this point there doesn't seem to be much impact if going RF vs RM with Alamy nowadays, so I would probably make RF on Alamy, and exclusive vs non-ex is a non issue for most

• Love 1

Wow, thanks, I didn't expect such quick replies! I guess I'll put stills on Alamy for now, RM, until I get a confirmation from CR... Then decide what to do with footage, which takes much longer to get ready anyway.

And Joseph, I totally feel you about reading questions. I'm notorious for jumping to answer before reading through the whole thing :D My brain just lights up mid-sentence!