Hello from IJmuiden/Netherlands

Ko van Leeuwen

Hi All,

I am a professional photographer from IJmuiden. My work is half the time running after emergency services for the local newpaper (sometimes (inter)national). 25% of my time I am working for corporations and 25% of my time is free photography.

Due tot Covid-19 the corporate photography almost came tot a standstill. One project (more than 5 years) continued up to last month: The build of the newest sealock for ships going to Amsterdam. At this moment it is even the biggest lock in the world, yeah!! ;-). Soon I will publis h a book about it.

The free photography is what you see on my Alamy-portfolio but also some images of emergency services. IJmuiden is a international harbour and the gateway to Amsterdam harbour, so shipping is a important part of my free photography. Due to some physical problems I am at the present not walking around that much, but I have al lot of images in my archive. At this moment I have 102 images on Alamy, but I have at least a 1000 more to come but selecting, correcting and translating costs a  lot of time.

I am 65 years old and used to work with Canon, but since 6 years I work with Olympus camera's.

Best Regards,

Ko van Leeuwen

My portfolio: https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?pseudoid={28F74A03-FB9F-4393-8041-99BECBF3C13D}&name=Wandfoto.NL&st=11&mode=0&comp=1

My Dutch website for printed pictures: https://wandfoto.nl

P.S.: How an I promote my portfolio on the international market? Any tips?

Edited by Ko van Leeuwen
typo's