Titles, keywords and descriptions

gardenbush

Question

3 answers to this question

I use the Lightroom metadata fields. Lightroom Caption maps to the Alamy caption field, up to 150 characters. If your caption is longer than 150 characters the whole caption also goes into the Additional Info field in the Optional tab. In practice, I try to begin with a one sentence summary caption of up to 150 characters which automatically goes into the caption fierd. I often put in my caption additiona information, and this automaticaly finds its way into the 'optional'  Additional Info tab. 

Lightroom keywords upload to the Alamy Tags (keywords) field. You still need to select your supertags manually though.

I also use the Lightroom Title field for a short caption (roughly equivilent to the image file name. I don't think this is used by Alamy, but it is used by other agencies where I upload video clips. It may be worth populating this field if you plan to  upload images to other places.

There is a Lightroom/Alamy plugin which gives additional functionality, but I've never bothered with it as the standard facility does what I need. Others may be able to tell you more about the plugin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I use the Lightroom metadata fields. Lightroom Caption maps to the Alamy caption field, up to 150 characters. If your caption is longer than 150 characters the whole caption also goes into the Additional Info field in the Optional tab. In practice, I try to begin with a one sentence summary caption of up to 150 characters which automatically goes into the caption fierd. I often put in my caption additiona information, and this automaticaly finds its way into the 'optional'  Additional Info tab. 

Lightroom keywords upload to the Alamy Tags (keywords) field. You still need to select your supertags manually though.

I also use the Lightroom Title field for a short caption (roughly equivilent to the image file name. I don't think this is used by Alamy, but it is used by other agencies where I upload video clips. It may be worth populating this field if you plan to  upload images to other places.

There is a Lightroom/Alamy plugin which gives additional functionality, but I've never bothered with it as the standard facility does what I need. Others may be able to tell you more about the plugin.

Hi Joseph - many thanks for your help on this one - will give it a wizz 🙂 many thanks, Colin

• Like 1