Can I upload photo that already posted on social media before?

leesaliens

Question

Hi newbie here, just joined for less a week.

Sorry if this is a silly question or has been asked/answered many times before. I tried search this on forum but did not find any topic regarding to it.

Can I upload photo that I already posted on social media before? Just wanna make sure I won't violate any copyright or exclusive issues. Thanks to you all and everyone have a great day!

Edited by leesaliens
typo

7 answers to this question

39 minutes ago, David Pimborough said:

"Just wanna make sure I won't violate any copyright" If its your photo then you own the copyright so there is no copyright issue

Unless you assigned copyright to another party/person/company

As to social media "

Facebook and Instagram

You can upload exclusive images to Facebook and Instagram" However they don't specifically mention other social media sites

it would require Alamy to clarify whether they have a problem with you uploading to another social media site.

I would assume Twitter is fine, as Alamy posts tons there themselves, and many photographers use twitter as a promotional tool.

Jill

13 hours ago, NYCat said:

Yes. If you mark your images as exclusive to Alamy you must not be putting them in other stock agencies. They can be sold from your own website.

Paulette

Understand, thanks for your help!

Just into this business thus I will stick to Alamy for now.

13 hours ago, Steve F said:

Hi Steve,

Very helpful link, I went through different Q&A and can't believe missed this specific question I asked.

Once again thanks a lot!

Yang

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, David Pimborough said:

You can upload exclusive images to Facebook and Instagram" However they don't specifically mention other social media sites

it would require Alamy to clarify whether they have a problem with you uploading to another social media site.

Hi David,

Very good point, I live in China and we do have lots of other media sites. Thanks for your kind reminder!

Yang

9 hours ago, Jill Morgan said:

I would assume Twitter is fine, as Alamy posts tons there themselves, and many photographers use twitter as a promotional tool.

Jill

Hi Jill,

I think you're right, they also post lot of stuff on LinkedIn for promotion, this should have cleared my question now. Thanks for your reply!

Yang