Need a little help please on my portfolio

19 hours ago, Matt Ashmore said:

In addition to what other people have said about exposure, editing and keywording, you might also like to think about making sure that horizons are level...

Old people retired getting fresh air sitting on bench Hythe looking over Southampton waters - Stock Image

Unless a horizon is slanted for obvious artistic intent, it just looks wrong. This one slopes from left to right.

Ah right thought i sorted this will check and double check this thanks for pointing it out to me...

On 11/04/2021 at 07:07, Chuck Nacke said:

Stephen,

I put loads of time into what I upload to Alamy as well.  You asked what you need to do?

My response is to edit (Select) your images carefully and for the images that you want to

upload, caption and keyword (it is one word) them very carefully.  You have been submitting

to Alamy for many less years than I and you have more images up?  I submit to Alamy under my

own name and a pseudonym (images that I think will license, but are not up to the standards I

have set for myself.)  I do not care about  my CRT, which stays around .75 and license just below

100 images per year.  

In my opinion: It is about the image and the information provided with the image.

During COVID I have stopped accepting commercial assignments and have been working on

the file images that I've had sitting on drives and as slides in boxes.  One of the images that I

would love to upload to Alamy is a wonderful image of a sculpture that I shot in Xi'an in 2006.

I Know where it was shot, when it was shot, but I can not find any reference to it, I.E, who the sculpture

was that created it, who in depicts.  To me without that information it is worthless on the editorial market.

My advice to you is as it has always been for the last 40 years.  Make better pictures, make better

selections and write better captions with better information.

Chuck

Hi Chuck this has been a big learning curve and I want to do it right as I can so I am grateful for the comments. 

It does surprise me what I have sold though and the prices are good when they do..

I just want to keep learning much as possible. Interesting you say about CRT which goes over my head a bit. Key wording as you say I need to take more care of and I propose as best as I can to be more selective rather than ditching loads on here. 

Thanks 

Steve

6 hours ago, stephen chatterton said:

Hi Chuck this has been a big learning curve and I want to do it right as I can so I am grateful for the comments. 

It does surprise me what I have sold though and the prices are good when they do..

I just want to keep learning much as possible. Interesting you say about CRT which goes over my head a bit. Key wording as you say I need to take more care of and I propose as best as I can to be more selective rather than ditching loads on here. 

Thanks 

Steve

It's sometimes surprising what sells. I sold a picture a a Katsu curry today which is the last image in my collection that I thought would sell.. lighting and editing not great and I would question nowadays whether I would even have bothered to upload it. So you never know..

Stephen, In your image 2EDR209 the cation IDs the scene calling it 'Tube' and 'Underground.' It's not London. It's New York (and New is not Nw). The caption should read that it's  the 42nd Street Station of the New York Subway System. If you must, put tube and underground in the tags.

And I haven't got a single image with 50 tags. 

Edited by Ed Rooney

On 12/04/2021 at 20:44, Matt Ashmore said:

It's sometimes surprising what sells. I sold a picture a a Katsu curry today which is the last image in my collection that I thought would sell.. lighting and editing not great and I would question nowadays whether I would even have bothered to upload it. So you never know..

Matt it is surprising  though images in the right context I would guess and a little quality behind them.

On 15/04/2021 at 21:11, Ed Rooney said:

Stephen, In your image 2EDR209 the cation IDs the scene calling it 'Tube' and 'Underground.' It's not London. It's New York (and New is not Nw). The caption should read that it's  the 42nd Street Station of the New York Subway System. If you must, put tube and underground in the tags.

And I haven't got a single image with 50 tags. 

Thanks Ed thats pretty poor of me I have to be careful in batching these and trying to save time in key wording which has created problems. I have been going through my sets to cull and work on  key words. Thanks for picking this up.