Alamy and the photos

Jose Decio Molaro

Question

I'm a little while at Alam and I see looking at other microstocks what caught my attention in the photos of Alamy are the photos of city streets, places like stores, supermarkets, I found it very interesting, but from the point of view of sales, for those who can sell these types of photos? Books? Advertising in any way?
I found it interesting .. if anyone can write about it, because here in Brazil there are many interesting places excluding Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro.
Thanks

• Like 1

On 22/02/2021 at 07:58, Jose Decio Molaro said:

Thanks Betty LaRue, due to Pandemic I have left little, and I will pay more attention to editorial photos, at this time and important, there are many things happening, but as they must have accompanied Ford closed its factories in Brazil, also Nikon, Sony, .. etc...

Jose,

The first thing you should learn is that "editorial photos" do not just happen, it takes skill, training and timing to make editorial image (s) that are published.  I have been an "editorial photographer", not working at 100% now, for decades and I do not appreciate your lack of understanding of "editorial photography" or at least the way you have written on this thread.

There is a lot more to licensing (or as rank amateurs say "sell") images for publication.  In the pre digital days you had to know light, film color temperature and that was the easy part, then you had to get the information and keep that information with the film.

In my opinion it has become too easy for anyone with basic computer skills and a basic digital device to submit their images to agencies or libraries.  Learn the basics.

Alamy is a great resource and has some great contributors, become one of them, I hope to become one of them in the future.

Chuck

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chuck Nacke said:

Jose,

The first thing you should learn is that "editorial photos" do not just happen, it takes skill, training and timing to make editorial image (s) that are published.  I have been an "editorial photographer", not working at 100% now, for decades and I do not appreciate your lack of understanding of "editorial photography" or at least the way you have written on this thread.

There is a lot more to licensing (or as rank amateurs say "sell") images for publication.  In the pre digital days you had to know light, film color temperature and that was the easy part, then you had to get the information and keep that information with the film.

In my opinion it has become too easy for anyone with basic computer skills and a basic digital device to submit their images to agencies or libraries.  Learn the basics.

Alamy is a great resource and has some great contributors, become one of them, I hope to become one of them in the future.

Chuck

Good morning thank you,
I am also from the time of analog photography, but I have never been a photojournalist, I have always photographed as an amateur photographer and I am always learning photography, thanks for your knowledge.
Stay safe

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Back to my unidentified church and settlement image. 

Could be this: Thought to be Quedas do Iguaçu, Paraná state, Brazil with original church built in 1940 and used until 1964, photographed in 1962

I0000gG4Za6HwgdU.jpg

I0000gNASKNny4FQ.jpg

Edited by geogphotos

3 hours ago, geogphotos said:

De volta à minha igreja não identificada e à imagem do assentamento. 

Pode ser este:  Pensa-se ser Quedas do Iguaçu, estado do Paraná, Brasil com igreja original construída em 1940 e usada até 1964, fotografada em 1962

I0000gG4Za6HwgdU.jpg

I0000gNASKNny4FQ.jpg

you have a real collection of historical photos. This 474 PR (parana state) highway cuts through much of the state of Parana. It goes from the city of Novas Laraneiras to Dois Vizinhos. It passes through Iguaçu Falls and Cruzeiro do Iguaçu.
Here in Brazil I didn't start photographing the city, there are a lot of good things to photograph, here I believe we will have another lockdown because of Covid 19, it's bad here

• Thanks 1