Price of film cameras buoyant

13 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I just want to put the last rolls of film thru my Leica CL and Hasselblad 500c/m, then get shot of them.

They are well used, battered, traveled, and have more than paid for themselves. Maybe I will keep them for sentimental reasons.

I can't make up my mind !

Just recently sold my Hasselblad 500 and other camera gear through www.ffordes.com on commision - I have no association with them other than they are very good to deal with.

Nigel

3 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

I just want to put the last rolls of film thru my Leica CL and Hasselblad 500c/m, then get shot of them.

They are well used, battered, traveled, and have more than paid for themselves. Maybe I will keep them for sentimental reasons.

I can't make up my mind !

Keep at least one of them for sentimental reasons.   If I could get medium format film in Nicaragua and chemistry for developing, I might regret having sold the set of two bodies, four backs, and three lenses more.   This was a scan from before selling everything and moving to Nicaragua:

TXDADE.jpg

I really loved medium format Fujichrome Acros in Diafine, scanned on my Epson flatbed scanner.  Never did optical enlarging but had some from a 4x5 Calumet view camera done by the last photofinisher in Philadelphia that still did that work.

20 minutes ago, Nigel Kirby said:

Just recently sold my Hasselblad 500 and other camera gear through www.ffordes.com on commision - I have no association with them other than they are very good to deal with.

Nigel

I have made a note of Ffordes. Thanks for that.

I see the Hasselblad Xpan's are going for a good price !

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, MizBrown said:

Keep at least one of them for sentimental reasons.   If I could get medium format film in Nicaragua and chemistry for developing, I might regret having sold the set of two bodies, four backs, and three lenses more.   This was a scan from before selling everything and moving to Nicaragua:

TXDADE.jpg

I really loved medium format Fujichrome Acros in Diafine, scanned on my Epson flatbed scanner.  Never did optical enlarging but had some from a 4x5 Calumet view camera done by the last photofinisher in Philadelphia that still did that work.

I miss the magic of developing one's own film. Digital isn't quite the same.

Glad I did lots of it in college tho, and a little at home too (although the limescale at home was quite noticeable on the negs !).

Nice array of tones in your picture above.

• Thanks 1