Good news on the copyright front for U.S. photographers

On 31/12/2020 at 14:30, TABan said:

This has been in the works for quite some time. It finally passed and the President-reject signed it. https://www.slrlounge.com/copyright-small-claims-system-case-act-for-photographers-officially-signed-into-law/

DownvoteWho could object to that? It's a bit combersome, sure, and rich infringers can still intimidate copyright holders by opting out, but it's a start.

Edited by spacecadet

41 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

DownvoteWho could object to that? It's a bit combersome, sure, and rich infringers can still intimidate copyright holders by opting out, but it's a start.

i wondered also, only thing i can think of is the political part of the post, not the subject matter itself.

Edited by meanderingemu

5 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

only thing i can think of is the political part of the post, not the subject matter itself.

Some sensitive folks about to the the Red Arrows flying for that! Something halfway decent was done for US photographers, but a passive-aggressive jab is more important to, presumably, two of those very photographers. Thank goodness, that excuse for yobbery is being removed.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

I figured a couple of folks would find my opinion triggering. A stopped analogue clock is correct 2922 times in four years, so I’ll give him his one.

Edited by TABan