Northumberland advice needed

Morning all

After much deliberation and weather watching I'm headed to the Lake District and Northumberland.

When it comes to Northumberland, I was wondering if I could get some advice please.

Dunstanburgh Castle: where is the best place to park for this? How long do you need to walk to get to that "classic" viewpoint with all the boulders?

Lindisfarne: where are those famous upturned boats? Do you have to go onto Holy Island in order to see them or are they elsewhere?

Thanks all!!!

Jools

Morning Jools, Holy Island is the only place you can see the Herring boats, but the whole place is stuffed full of photo opportunities, as for the castle's well its up to you just how much walking around you wish to do, again the entire area is full of possibilities, if you have never visited the area before, give yourself plenty of time, watch the tides for getting on and off the island and (don't take any chances on the causeway!!) the sun rise/set times and take lots of cards with you! and enjoy your trip!  :)

Morning all

After much deliberation and weather watching I'm headed to the Lake District and Northumberland.

When it comes to Northumberland, I was wondering if I could get some advice please.

Dunstanburgh Castle: where is the best place to park for this? How long do you need to walk to get to that "classic" viewpoint with all the boulders?

Lindisfarne: where are those famous upturned boats? Do you have to go onto Holy Island in order to see them or are they elsewhere?

Thanks all!!!

Jools

You can park just outside the fishing village of Craster (pay car park) and walk along the coast to Dunstanburgh, about 1/2 mile.

To see the upturned boats you need to drive to Holy Island across a causeway which floods at high tide. Check the tide tables before setting out!

Archived