G'day from Queensland, Australia

Sandi

Hello from the land of sunshine.

I started photography with my mum's Box Brownie camera a very long time ago in England. Several cameras later I am trying my luck with Alamy in my adopted home.

I used to take mostly travel photos from all over the world but since moving here in 2004 I have been captivated by the wildlife and environment. It seems like there is something new to photograph every day.

We're not in lock-down (no locally transmitted cases in Australia now) but overseas travel is off limits.

Looking forward to getting to know the Alamy community.

Sandi

• Like 1

Welcome to Alamy Sandi. From another adopted Queenslander. 

I read your comment on magpies being aggressive to strangers in the nesting season and can confirm it. I am being swooped on several times a day right now!!

Edited by gvallee

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 07:13, Sandi said:

Olá da terra do sol.

Comecei a fotografar com a câmera Box Brownie da minha mãe há muito tempo na Inglaterra. Várias câmeras depois, estou tentando a sorte com Alamy em minha casa adotiva.

Eu costumava tirar fotos de viagens de todo o mundo, mas desde que me mudei para cá em 2004, tenho sido cativado pela vida selvagem e pelo meio ambiente. Parece que há algo novo para fotografar todos os dias.

Não estamos bloqueados (não há casos transmitidos localmente na Austrália agora), mas as viagens ao exterior estão fora dos limites.

Estou ansioso para conhecer a comunidade Alamy.

Sandi

Welcome! I'm in Brazil and I found your fantastic photos, Congratulations!

On 10/11/2020 at 19:00, gvallee said:

Welcome to Alamy Sandi. From another adopted Queenslander. 

I read your comment on magpies being aggressive to strangers in the nesting season and can confirm it. I am being swooped on several times a day right now!!

His photos show how his country is fantastic ... show ... in Brazil the reference to his intent: Australian people are extremely receptive, considered one of the most welcoming countries in the world.