Differing image numbers in Image manager & portfolio

antonsrkn

Question

Hello all, 1st post here.  There's been an issue that has been bugging me for quite a while and I'm finally getting around to asking about it.   There appears to be a mismatch between the # of images displayed on Alamy image manager which tells me that I have 4661 photos and then when I go to my Alamy portfolio page the number is 4547.  The number hasn't been the same for as long as I can remember and the difference keeps getting larger.  I don't have any images in QC, or waiting for keywording, & the difference can't be accounted for by only recent uploads  Does anyone know why this might be?  Are all my images truly on sale, or is there some weird subset that has somehow fallen through the cracks? 

6 answers to this question

Have you had any QC failures? As these are still counted in the total.

Go into AIM and select "images passed QC" then "images Failed QC". and see if it adds up.

Allan

Thanks for the suggestions.  I think I had a QC failure years ago but none in a very long time and none that I can see in image manager.  I've only ever deleted maybe a dozen images that were already on sale - when I noticed I had accidentally uploaded & keyworded a batch with my watermark present in the lower corner.  I don't do much curation of my images after they're on sale. 

But you're right the number may be explained by deleted images as I'll sometimes delete images before I put them on sale if I notice that multiple images I am keywording are overly similar - that might be the explanation if those still count towards the total despite never actually going on sale and sometimes being deleted right on the upload screen before submission.  Although over a 100 seems a bit high to me, but I guess they may very well have accumulated over the years. 

7 hours ago, Vincent Lowe said:

Also deleted images and any awaiting deletion are included in the Image Manager total.

Yes Vincent I had forgotten that point.

Allan

I have passed  5123 images

Failed       497 images

Total     5620 images

Yet Alamy show 5655 images total in AIM on my dashboard.

Where are the other 35 images?

This is a rhetorical question not looking for answers.

Allan

Actually not all of those fails are actual failures as the failure was only one of a batch but Alamy fail the whole batch. Actual failed images is 64.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

Deleted?  There is an option in Image Manager to select images 'Pending Deletion' but there is no option to select images that have already been deleted (at least I can't find one).

However, they are still there and will show up if you happen to land on one of your submissions (in the left hand column) which has had images deleted.

50495507316_10f1fed1d9_c.jpg

Edited by Vincent Lowe