New to Alamy

thijsdegraaf

Hi

I’m Thijs de Graaf, living in the Netherlands. Retired teacher.

I have been photographing for years for my website  about my hobby of gardening and especially identifying insects. The photos were usually not good enough to sell.

Last year I signed up for Shutterstock.

When it was announced five days in advance in May that earnings were being lowered and all admins withdrew from the forum, I thought it was time to check out other stock sites (just as other photographers).

Alamy was described as a stock site, where the sale and payout was fairer. You sell less but at a better price.

That is why I have now chosen Alamy. I sold one photo and hope more will follow. Also hope my photos are good enough. 🙂

One question: It is a pity that I have to log in so many times. Can anything be done about that?

Regards, Thijs

On 01/09/2020 at 18:19, thijsdegraaf said:

Hi

I’m Thijs de Graaf, living in the Netherlands. Retired teacher.

I have been photographing for years for my website  about my hobby of gardening and especially identifying insects. The photos were usually not good enough to sell.

Last year I signed up for Shutterstock.

When it was announced five days in advance in May that earnings were being lowered and all admins withdrew from the forum, I thought it was time to check out other stock sites (just as other photographers).

Alamy was described as a stock site, where the sale and payout was fairer. You sell less but at a better price.

That is why I have now chosen Alamy. I sold one photo and hope more will follow. Also hope my photos are good enough. 🙂

One question: It is a pity that I have to log in so many times. Can anything be done about that?

Regards, Thijs

Hi Thijs, welcome! Good that you've made a sale already.

Log in - a bit of a strange question. If you shut your browser, I'd normally expect to have to log in again on most websites where you have personal data stored. If you ask your browser to save your user name and login (like I do), then you just need to click on the login button and you're in.

Steve

2 hours ago, Steve F said:

Log in - a bit of a strange question. If you shut your browser, I'd normally expect to have to log in again on most websites where you have personal data stored. If you ask your browser to save your user name and login (like I do), then you just need to click on the login button and you're in.

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply.
I never store passwords for security reasons.
At comparable sites such as Flickr, Shutterstock, Adobe, Forum Diptera, Gmail, etc. you do not have to log in again and again. Sometimes there is a question for how long you want to stay logged in..
Although .. That is the case with my Bank and FileZilla. Maybe you are right that it is safer.
Afterwards, I would have been better off instructing the computer to remember the password, indeed.

Thijs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, thijsdegraaf said:

Hi Steve. Thanks for your reply.
I never store passwords for security reasons.
At comparable sites such as Flickr, Shutterstock, Adobe, Forum Diptera, Gmail, etc. you do not have to log in again and again. Sometimes there is a question for how long you want to stay logged in..
Although .. That is the case with my Bank and FileZilla. Maybe you are right that it is safer.
Afterwards, I would have been better off instructing the computer to remember the password, indeed.

Thijs

Just save the password - nothing will happen.