Images not showing in search

Rob Mac

Question

Hello all, 

I have two images of walkers on the Malvern hills on sale, both have the tags 'Malvern hills' and 'walkers'. 

when I search for 'walkers on the malvern hills' I get 135 results but my shots are NOT there, but if I search for 'malvern hills walkers' I get 370 results and my shots ARE there, I don't understand why they come up in one search but not the other.

Any ideas ?

8 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Rob Mac said:

Hello all, 

I have two images of walkers on the Malvern hills on sale, both have the tags 'Malvern hills' and 'walkers'. 

when I search for 'walkers on the malvern hills' I get 135 results but my shots are NOT there, but if I search for 'malvern hills walkers' I get 370 results and my shots ARE there, I don't understand why they come up in one search but not the other.

Any ideas ?

Hi Rob,

It might help if you give us the image IDs so we can see the keywords and captions for the 2 pictures.

Steve

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Hi Rob,

It might help if you give us the image IDs so we can see the keywords and captions for the 2 pictures.

Steve

Hi Steve, here is the ID....... ID: 2C02Y0Y .......both pics have the same keywords.

2 hours ago, Rob Mac said:

Any ideas ?

this seems correct, I don't see "On" anywhere in your caption nor your KWs,

4 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

this seems correct, I don't see "On" anywhere in your caption nor your KWs,

That's interesting, I will have another look at captions and keywords, I thought those keywords would have made them appear on both.

4 minutes ago, Rob Mac said:

That's interesting, I will have another look at captions and keywords, I thought those keywords would have made them appear on both.

The search function is quite precise of looking for what people asked for.  The word "On" is actually really important . Over the last month there is over 1500 searches that include it.

For example

"People ON white background"  gives 10700 pages of results

"People white background" gives 26600 pages..... 

with reminds my, i probably should do a  sweep... of my images

• Love 1

I have the same problem on my Image Manager, if I search images with tags, I can find no result, both from images on sales and not. Is there any solution? I need to be able to find images with tags in the Image Magare to be able to group images in macro groups for a quicker tagging. Now it has been like this for more than a month and honestly I prefer to leave the platform if there's no solution :)

On 05/07/2020 at 09:16, Stefano Cappelletti said:

I have the same problem on my Image Manager, if I search images with tags, I can find no result, both from images on sales and not. Is there any solution? I need to be able to find images with tags in the Image Magare to be able to group images in macro groups for a quicker tagging. Now it has been like this for more than a month and honestly I prefer to leave the platform if there's no solution :)

You can search for image tags in Alamy Image manager. However, if you add a new tag to an image you will typically have to wait until the next day before you can search for it in AIM (you have to wait for the search database to update overnight). I’m not sure if images with tags that aren’t on sale yet are ever searcheable as they may not transfer across to the search database until they go on sale.

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman