FYI: Small 'bug' in the Net Revenue Excel download sheet formatting

incamerastock

Hi Alamy,

We regularly download sales data from Net revenue each month. This month's data (April) contains a formatting bug whereby the HuffPost sales have some extra reported licence information text entered in the "Total Sale" & "Total Deduction" fields.

i.e. the actual sales and deduction numbers are shifted two columns to the right which causes all succesive columns to be shifted two places to the right!

No great problem, just a cut and paste job to get it back to normal but it will cause errors in automated accounting systems if people are used to just cut and pasting it in place.

J

Hi - are you still getting this problem? We've tried to replicate it numerous time but have not been able to get the same error.

Hi,

Yep, I can still reproduce it. It's only affecting the HuffPost RM sales data in our report. Every other RM sale (and all RF sales ) are unaffected. We haven't had any HuffPost RM sales data in our account for May yet so can't see if it's still there but if you look at data for 9/4, 10/4 & 12/4 (when last month's HuffPost RM's were reported) you should see the licence data text take up three columns instead of one.

To see this I'm just going into Net Revenue and setting a Date of Invoice report from 1/04/13 to 15/04/13 and leaving all options checked. Downloading and then opening the .xls file. I can send it to MS if you'd like? Will be out of office for a couple of days so can do that from midweek.

J

Hi - are you still getting this problem? We've tried to replicate it numerous time but have not been able to get the same error.

Hi,

Yep, I can still reproduce it. It's only affecting the HuffPost RM sales data in our report. Every other RM sale (and all RF sales ) are unaffected. We haven't had any HuffPost RM sales data in our account for May yet so can't see if it's still there but if you look at data for 9/4, 10/4 & 12/4 (when last month's HuffPost RM's were reported) you should see the licence data text take up three columns instead of one.

To see this I'm just going into Net Revenue and setting a Date of Invoice report from 1/04/13 to 15/04/13 and leaving all options checked. Downloading and then opening the .xls file. I can send it to MS if you'd like? Will be out of office for a couple of days so can do that from midweek.

J

Yes, if you can please send to MS that would be great so we can investigate further. Please state - FAO James Allsworth and they will forward on to me.

Cheers

James

Archived