Selling Vintage photos from 1890-1910

SonjasEye

Question

Hi,

I have a quick question (I hope). Does Alamy accept restored or colorized pictures taken around 1890's to 1910's? I have a large collection of my relatives in Sweden from that time. A LOT of them are actual snapshots which is interesting because most people didn't have cameras to take every day snapshots with. I have restored many of them in photoshop and colorized some of them, but of course I have all the originals as well. I have no model releases obviously. I am the next of kin to the people; grandmother, great grandmother etc, but I have many images which I have no clue who they are.  

Are these possible to sell at all?

Thanks,

Sonja

2 answers to this question

On 15/06/2020 at 21:18, SonjasEye said:

Hi,

I have a quick question (I hope). Does Alamy accept restored or colorized pictures taken around 1890's to 1910's? I have a large collection of my relatives in Sweden from that time. A LOT of them are actual snapshots which is interesting because most people didn't have cameras to take every day snapshots with. I have restored many of them in photoshop and colorized some of them, but of course I have all the originals as well. I have no model releases obviously. I am the next of kin to the people; grandmother, great grandmother etc, but I have many images which I have no clue who they are.  

Are these possible to sell at all?

Thanks,

Sonja

Yes, the archival route will be the way to go. You will need to put a selection of images somewhere on the web for the Alamy team to look at to see if they suit. Assuming they are fine, they will then grant you access. I have a similar collection taken by my great-grandfather. They have sold pretty well. Often used in books.

Example

american-archive-monochrome-family-portr

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1