Flowering shrub ID

John Mitchell

Question

13 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

Forsythia x intermedia. There are a few different varieties of this cross - Lynwood, Spectabilis and others and they all look similar.

Thanks again, John. You truly are God's gift to the botanically challenged (like me). Is this plant also called "border forsythia'?

32 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Thanks again, John. You truly are God's gift to the botanically challenged (like me). Is this plant also called "border forsythia'?

Probably - though it's not a term I've seen in the UK.  Local to you usage, maybe.

9 hours ago, John Richmond said:

Pieris japonica for the top one, John.  Evergreen azalea for the second one - can't tell you the exact cultivar, there are a lot of different reds, but it's certainly similar to 'Hinode Giri', one of the Karume hybrids.

Thanks once again, John. Had never heard of the first one. Bet you were amazed that I could recognize azaleas. 😉

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Unfortunately, my botanical skills don't seem to be improving, so I'm in need of help again. Does anyone know what this pretty plant might be?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

closeup-of-yellow-flowering-shrub-in-spr

Euphorbia polychroma, John

The one with white flowers is Andromeda (Pieris japonica) and yes the one below that is Azalea. We have Forsythia and the other two in our yard. I always wish the yellow flowers of the forsythia would last all summer and not just through spring. Sorry I've never seen the last one with the yellow flowers but I'm sure someone more knowledgable here has.