Vectors in Alamy

Hello, 

Up to now i uploaded only photos here (from 15 months, and not very successful ... just 7 sales for 7 $ net total, all distributor and low price).

Just because i know that vector are also acceptable here i think to try, i have ~ 3000 vectors.  I read everyday forum about sold pictures, but i not see someone to talk about Vector sale. Can someone share some experience with vector sales ?  And how this will affect my CTR (already very low) if  i upload vectors, and specially they haven't sales. ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2020 at 09:35, peter_m said:

Hello, 

Up to now i uploaded only photos here (from 15 months, and not very successful ... just 7 sales for 7 $ net total, all distributor and low price).

Just because i know that vector are also acceptable here i think to try, i have ~ 3000 vectors.  I read everyday forum about sold pictures, but i not see someone to talk about Vector sale. Can someone share some experience with vector sales ?  And how this will affect my CTR (already very low) if  i upload vectors, and specially they haven't sales. ?

Hello, anyone? I have the same question. I see that there's not much of a response. Maybe a bump will let someone notice the question?

Also while we're at it, I saw a question about previews, being cropped? Someone else said I might want to upload with JPGs because the generated preview isn't very good. Those are things that can change, so I'd wonder what anyone with experience in Vectors on Alamy has to say?

ps to Peter (and I'm also Pete) I used a different pseudonym from my photos for the illustrations and my vectors. I actually have three pseudos, one for Editorial, one for other photos and one for vectors and line art drawing. I'm not entirely convinced that doing that makes a difference to my rank, since people are reporting re-ranks are not common. But I did that, just in case.

Most of what I do is so specific that the search does the job for me, not the rank and placement. Alamy diversity helps also. Everyone can't be on the first page, just by playing the rank game. 🙂

Edited by Klinger

Here is the link to selling ectors on Alamy https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-vectors/how-alamy-sell-vectors/?section=6 . 

You aren't betting much of a response as all the people on the forum here contribute images. I'm pretty sure at one time Alamy stopped accepting new vectors but judging by the link, they must be accepting them again.

I'm not sure how it affects CTR, probably the same as images.  Best to email CR and get it from them.

Jill

On 29/03/2020 at 18:16, Jill Morgan said:

Here is the link to selling ectors on Alamy https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-vectors/how-alamy-sell-vectors/?section=6 . 

You aren't betting much of a response as all the people on the forum here contribute images. I'm pretty sure at one time Alamy stopped accepting new vectors but judging by the link, they must be accepting them again.

I'm not sure how it affects CTR, probably the same as images.  Best to email CR and get it from them.

Jill

Thanks Jill, in case someone else is looking, that will be helpful. Let me add, I uploaded vectors this week, they were accepted and I have managed the information. They went live overnight.

• 2 weeks later...