AoA results in other language?

meanderingemu

Question

If something shows up in AoA in another language, does that mean the search was made in that language version of Alamy?

I'm curious as i got three hits labelled "Echange d'achat de photo" .  I was curious since the images were irrelevant and nothing in my english description nor KW should have led to a hit on "achat" (purchase), so i found the image on Alamyimages.fr  and nowhere does the word appear.

(note the translation was decent, and much better than i have seen at another MS)

Edited by meanderingemu

6 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Niels Quist said:

I would believe so, yes.

Please don't classify Alamy as a MS agency 😯 😉

where did i classify Alamy as a MS.  i referred to the other place as a MS.  maybe i should have used "random MS"  

but to be honest, the issue is way more irrelevant results than labels.  And when Alamy keeps saying they want more images of France to increase that market, if French customer get irrelevant results because of bad translation, this is way more the issue....  the Image of children from Beijing in London, and Alamyimages.fr didn't even translate Beijing, to the general French appellation of Pékin, though it did translate London to Londres (but of course it erroneously translates London, Ontario to Londres, Ontario on some images....)

Edited by meanderingemu

5 hours ago, Niels Quist said:

The word "another" lead me that way. Sorry if unintended.

Yes, the translation and the value is very questionable.

yeah not problem, i was just trying to respect the no naming convention....  i do see what you read

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

If something shows up in AoA in another language, does that mean the search was made in that language version of Alamy?

I got one for "frau blick hinauf" and it was relevant in that the English translation is, "Woman looking up" and the image did contain that.

3 minutes ago, jodyko said:

I got one for "frau blick hinauf" and it was relevant in that the English translation is, "Woman looking up" and the image did contain that.

yeah i had seen German searches before, and thought that it was that (and not being fluent in German i didn't pay too much attention).  But now getting a French one that did not fit it got me curious, what the source was, especially with all the Alamy tweets to promote France stuff.