Young

Question

Hello everybody. 

I found that some photographers sold nice Photo montage ( Photo with collages). 

And I’d like to sell photo montage, too.

Can you give me some advice for photo montage?

I also have questions about it like the following:

-Do I have to think about a copy space?

-Are there some very important keywords? ( like “photo montage” “ collage “ “imaginary “ “ Imagination “?)

-Should It be story telling or some kind of surprising photo like surrealism?

-Can I make them a little bit transparent or shouldn’t? (It looks nice in my opinion)

Have a nice sunday 😺

2 answers to this question

Try All of Alamy.

You have to be logged in.

The explanation by Alamy:

This tool allows you to see all searches from customers who have spent money on Alamy within a specified date range.

If you are contemplating which images to submit* to Alamy, you can use this tool to research how often a subject is requested and how many sales, zooms and views were recorded.

Please note that the link from each search term displays the current search results for a particular word or phrase.

* or which keywords to use (wim)

Put the date back as far as it will go, which at the moment is 01-Nov-2018. You are now searching the rolling year. Next month the date will be 01-Dec-2018.

Put a keyword or -phrase in the Search Term box like this: %collage%. The %% are a database thing.

Try your search term with and without %% to see what they are doing. Like photo montage; %photo montage% ; %photo%montage%. 

Play around with clicking on the headers of the various columns. Read the text on the yellow pad to the right to understand what you're doing.

For finding related words or terms try https://www.thesaurus.com/

wim

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Try All of Alamy.

You have to be logged in.

The explanation by Alamy:

This tool allows you to see all searches from customers who have spent money on Alamy within a specified date range.

If you are contemplating which images to submit* to Alamy, you can use this tool to research how often a subject is requested and how many sales, zooms and views were recorded.

Please note that the link from each search term displays the current search results for a particular word or phrase.

* or which keywords to use (wim)

Put the date back as far as it will go, which at the moment is 01-Nov-2018. You are now searching the rolling year. Next month the date will be 01-Dec-2018.

Put a keyword or -phrase in the Search Term box like this: %collage%. The %% are a database thing.

Try your search term with and without %% to see what they are doing. Like photo montage; %photo montage% ; %photo%montage%. 

Play around with clicking on the headers of the various columns. Read the text on the yellow pad to the right to understand what you're doing.

For finding related words or terms try https://www.thesaurus.com/

wim

Hi Wim. 

Thank you for your advice. 

Your advice is very useful, important and interesting.  

I tried your advice and it showed me a lot of good ideas like presentation, categories and so on.  

I remember that one of my photographer friends told me to see the result of “all alamy “ to see what kind of photo are seached and needed. 

I tried long time ago, and I didn’t really mastered it. 

Yellow pad is very confusing for me though.  

Young