PhotoLab 3

DxO just released PhotoLab 3, the current version of what started out as Optics Pro. I've been using this for years and am happy with it. Only processed one image with PL3 so far, but new features (keywords, cloning) are worth the upgrade to me. It's stand-alone (no subscription), but the upgrades and extras come with a price. Over the years I've spent around $300, some of that for features I have yet to use (Filmpack). I'm mentioning this as there are a number of contributors here who would rather not subscribe.

• Like 1

I'm still using OpticsPro 9 Elite that DxO was giving away a few years ago, and I really like it for the most part -- it's easy to use and has excellent high-ISO NR. I'm going to have to buy a more powerful PC next year and intend to look at PhotoLab. I wonder if DxO will be giving away any more free versions (yes, I'm cheap) of their software.

1 hour ago, Colin Woods said:

I am still on PL1 as I didn't see PL2 as that big an upgrade - would you say its worth the money to jump from PL1 to PL3? 

I can't really answer that for others. I went to DxO for ClearView, ViewPoint and the noise reduction (rarely use, but needed sometimes). I'm sure similar functions can be found in other software. Recent upgrade to PL3 added cloning (long overdue) and other stuff that I'm sure is worth $69 to me. The perspective corrections are amazing, and have saved me huge amounts of time. One click followed by a tweak of a slider and the building looks good (you can do this in PL1 w/ViewPoint, I think). Software features are well presented on the DxO website, with great before and after examples.

Recently retired, I'll be processing more images than before. For that I want to use the latest version of my processing program. HTH 

Edited by KevinS

On 25/10/2019 at 13:02, Colin Woods said:

I am still on PL1 as I didn't see PL2 as that big an upgrade - would you say its worth the money to jump from PL1 to PL3? 

Best way to find out is the free trial. Also, a series of webinars coming up, starting Oct 31.

Edited by KevinS