AIM Optional Fields

Bryan

Question

I seem to recall reading here that it is possible to get a download which shows whether or not the optional fields in AIM have been completed? Having just trawled through a selection of mine I realise that I have missed some of the entries in the no. of persons and property fields, something I now need to check. 😲

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I seem to recall reading here that it is possible to get a download

Yes, it's from your Alamy Image Manager - "Download your data - New". For some reason they say that it might take up to 24 hours to be available but for me it's never more than about 30 seconds, just refresh the page a few times and you'll then be able to download it. Some people have had problems and get a coding error message instead, hopefully you won't be among them.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Harry Harrison said:

Yes, it's from your Alamy Image Manager - "Download your data - New". For some reason they say that it might take up to 24 hours to be available but for me it's never more than about 30 seconds, just refresh the page a few times and you'll then be able to download it. Some people have had problems and get a coding error message instead, hopefully you won't be among them.

Thanks Harry, following your post I've  just tried that but getting the Hieroglyphic message - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ASP.myupload_metadatadownloadhandler_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

I'll try again later.....

Just now, Bryan said:

Thanks Harry, following your post I've  just tried that but getting the Hieroglyphic message

Oh dear. From memory that is the same error message that others get, it has been reported to Alamy but I have not seen any response from them, neither have I seen anyone come back on here with a solution, that is a pain. There was a suggestion that it might be caused by ant-virus software of some kind  but it might be good if you could report this to Alamy yourself just to resurrect the issue. 

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Hieroglyphic message

That is the same error Bryan. If you search the forum for "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" (include the quotes) then you'll see a few other threads where it has been mentioned though some refer to a diffderent mattter. This thread is perhaps the most relevant:

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/11867-download-feature-in-aim/?tab=comments#comment-216888

Difficult to know how widespread it is.

N.B. When doing that seatch make sure that you choose to refine it in the dropdown that appears to include "All of my search term words".

Edited by Harry Harrison
Extra info

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Thanks Harry, following your post I've  just tried that but getting the Hieroglyphic message - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at ASP.myupload_metadatadownloadhandler_aspx.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 

I'll try again later.....

It's working for me (Google Chrome + Mac High Sierra). Suggest trying another browser or computer?

Mark

I wouldn't hold your breath - so far I've tried:

Firefox 69.0.1
IE 11.357.18362.0
Chrome  77.0.3865.90

on Windows 10 and Windows 7 Prof and got the error message every time.  Weirdly it worked for me when Alamy first introduced it, but never since.

Steve